Tyler Gabbert withdraws commitment

You have got to be f'ing pooping me!!! Man these Gabberts are some untrustworthy d-bags! :angry:

Good riddance to both of you smos then! I just hope it's not to late to get Robinson to reconsider, I thought he looked like a better QB recruit anyway. And that's not just sour grapes either, I really do believe that.

I wouldn't worry, we just need to get guys that fit our offense. Let's start looking for four-star...

...quarterbacks that love throwing the ball 39 yards per game.

...running backs that love having to make their own holes and running out of goalline sets for two yards per carry.

...receivers that love getting thrown hail marys down the sidelines with double coverage, and the occasional three-yard hitch

...tight ends that love getting thrown to once per game on average

...offensive linemen that love being coached by a line coach with ZERO history of success.

If we can just track these guys down, we'll be in great shape.

I lol'd! :laughpound

If true, so be it. I think Gabbert could have done well here, but I have always thought Sean Robinson would be a great fit here and I think if Gabbert truly decommits we should get in contact with Sean. He was pretty high on Nebraska before the Gabbert commit and I think he would love to still come here.

Where did you hear Robinson was still interested in us? He hasn't wavered since his early commitment to Purdue.

I didn't say he was still interested, I said he was interested in us before Gabbert committed and we quit recruiting QBs.

I'm glad this kid isn't coming here. Has been playing Nebraska since the Mizzou game. I understand that he's a high school kid and all but why even bother committing to a school when you already know that he was going to go to MU in the first place. I think the Gabberts like messing with Nebraska I seriously do.

I am personally worried about 2 of our top offensive prospects de-committing in the last 2 days. Our recruiting class is filled with defensive players. We need to be going after more play makers to help our struggling offense out.

Our class is filled with defensive players because if you look at the scholarship breakdown between O and D that we have now, it's heavily tilted to the O's favor.