SIGNED DT Kevin Williams

Wrong about Sterup. As soon as he committed 100% to playing CFB he was given the NU offer.

I guess I missed that part - most of this board revolved around his size...little was said about his desire to play basketball. Did Bubba Starling not being 100% football keep him from getting an offer? At least we knew with Sterup that if he chose, he wouldn't be playing both. If he chose basketball he wouldn't be using up a scholarship. Don't see how the two really correlate since we already had 4 OL in the class. Not like we were hard up.

Not mentioned before in the thread. If he did decide to play both he would have still counted against the football 'ship numbers.

Is it even possible to play both football and basketball? I would think that would be a logistical nightmare.

You can do it. But he would not be able to play basketball until 2nd semester.

well anyways...since this is Kevin Williams's thread, and because there is a Kevin Williams that plays DT for the Vikings, I'll leave you with this....

mvc-swimsuit-2010-800x600.jpg

...and this

vikings-cheerleaders.jpg

things i take from this

1. not a lot of black chicks or hispanic chicks or asian chicks live in minnaota

2. there must be a lot of tanning beds around there.. or does the team have their own on site

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Four things you should know about him:

1. "I got some weird looks last season. I always used to play tight end, too, but they moved me to offensive tackle this year to help our team. I was pretty big for a tight end. I wore No. 9 last year so I could be an eligible receiver, and people were surprised about it and it caught people off-guard. A lot of people thought I would just be blocking, and then they'd see me go out for a pass and they'd be like, 'Whoa, he's going out.' I had two touchdowns and about 100 yards receiving."

2. "I had two sacks in each of our first two games. I love hitting the quarterback. Honestly, there's nothing I love more than that."

3. "You'll see me at the Nebraska-Texas game in October, but I was hooked after the Spring Game. That was amazing. That was one of the best things I've ever done. It was only the Spring Game and it was crazy. The fans treated it like it was a real game."

4. "My favorite class is calculus (he had scholarship offers from Boston College and Stanford). I'm a huge math geek. I just love numbers, and it comes naturally for me. I've always been good at math."

LINK

• 1 month later...

111 total tackles :blink:

36 solo tackles w/ 75 assisted, 3 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, 9.5 sacks, 1 PAT blocked in 10 games.

Pile jumping aside, 111 total tackles is unreal and freakish for an interior DLineman no matter who they are or play for.

HELLO RIVALS......ANYONE THERE????? Like maybe an evaluator who can see this kid is blowing stuff up in Ohio, not exactly a football state like Delaware ya know.

• 4 weeks later...