Obama Healthcare and Football

Or when BArAck ObAmA gets his "f%#kmeinthe#!&" care, football like many other physical sports will just be outlawed due to the risk of someone gettin hurt. Remember the movie "Demolition Man". That's what we're headed for.

Looks like you upset some people!! But that's what happens when you speak the truth!!

• Fire 1

The issue with government is never what will happen suddenly. I don't think the USA will ever see a dictator completely grab for power (the military is too conservative and would probably swing the other way). But, given time, and slowly, very slowly, you can find yourself having sunk into a tyranny instead of having been drug into one. The actions of the Senate especially over the past month should chill every citizen to their bones.

Even without the tongue-in-cheek tone of the thread, is it really so hard to believe that when you have governments taxing smoking into oblivion, banning trans-fats, and pushing with all their might––against the will of The People––for a Trojan Horse of socialized medicine that in ten, twenty––a hundred years, this nation could have a Department of Sports Regulation that decides for private citizens which sports are to be played and which aren't?

Or when BArAck ObAmA gets his "waytosneakinacurseword" care, football like many other physical sports will just be outlawed due to the risk of someone gettin hurt. Remember the movie "Demolition Man". That's what we're headed for.

Looks like you upset some people!! But that what happens when you speak the truth!!

OMG TEH TRUTH!!!11

His statement didn't upset me, I just thought the highlighted area was an incredibly classless comment. I'd rather not get into political debates, because those always seem to escalate quickly and get rather ugly.

Or when BArAck ObAmA gets his "farkmeinthebackside" care, football like many other physical sports will just be outlawed due to the risk of someone gettin hurt. Remember the movie "Demolition Man". That's what we're headed for.

Looks like you upset some people!! But that's what happens when you speak the truth!!

OMG TEH TRUTH!!!11

His statement didn't upset me, I just thought the highlighted area was an incredibly classless comment. I'd rather not get into political debates, because those always seem to escalate quickly and get rather ugly.

So the truth is classless? Sure he could have selected better words to express his discontent, but who are you to say that his feelings of being FORCED, at gunpoint, to pay for health insurance with his own hard earned money, not only for himself but for others as well, is not the same feeling that he might get if he was truly getting f@cked in the @ss?

Is it not true that when government becomes involved in any industry, with any issue or any other imaginable problem they feel inclined or entitled to solve, that regulation in the intervened market increases? Does that regulation increase costs, limit choice and in the end create an even bigger mess and worse problems in the end? That's what I mean by the truth!!

And if you don't wish to talk, discuss or debate politics, or anti-politics as I like to call it, don't post in the politics section of the forum.

Or when BArAck ObAmA gets his "farkmeinthebackside" care, football like many other physical sports will just be outlawed due to the risk of someone gettin hurt. Remember the movie "Demolition Man". That's what we're headed for.

OMG TEH TRUTH!!!11

So the truth is classless? Sure he could have selected better words to express his discontent, but who are you to say that his feelings of being FORCED, at gunpoint, to pay for health insurance with his own hard earned money, not only for himself but for others as well, is not the same feeling that he might get if he was truly getting f@cked in the @ss?

Is it not true that when government becomes involved in any industry, with any issue or any other imaginable problem they feel inclined or entitled to solve, that regulation in the intervened market increases? Does that regulation increase costs, limit choice and in the end create an even bigger mess and worse problems in the end? That's what I mean by the truth!!

And if you don't wish to talk, discuss or debate politics, or anti-politics as I like to call it, don't post in the politics section of the forum.

And where is this truth about socialized medicine and banning "rough" sports. England has socialized medicine, yet they play rugby with no problems. Canada has hockey, haven't seen any movements to ban that sport there. I could go on, so where's the proof?

OMG TEH TRUTH!!!11

And where is this truth about socialized medicine and banning "rough" sports. England has socialized medicine, yet they play rugby with no problems. Canada has hockey, haven't seen any movements to ban that sport there. I could go on, so where's the proof?

I never said that socialized medicine will lead to the "banning" of rough sports, I said that government intervention always leads to more regulation. If you need proof for that, take a gander at England and Canada's healthcare industry, they are two of the most regulated industries in existence.

Besides, arguing over the technicalities is absurd when one strikes to the root of socialized medicine and points out that it is merely the forced theft and redistribution of one person's property to another. Does the fact that elected officials, in the form of government, vote to approve the theft somehow make it ok?

OMG TEH TRUTH!!!11

Explain to me how the phrase "f**kmeinthe@$$care" is not classless. That was my only response, nothing more, nothing less. It always amuses me when someone takes a side on a hot button issue, and when pressed for debate, they claim that others have a problem with "the truth." Anyways, I'm done. You can commence flinging feces back and forth.

Also, this was initially posted in the Husker Football section, not a political forum. Forgive me for stumbling upon this gem in the Husker football section, on Huskerboard.com, when I was looking to discuss Husker football.

OMG TEH TRUTH!!!11

I never said that socialized medicine will lead to the "banning" of rough sports, I said that government intervention always leads to more regulation. If you need proof for that, take a gander at England and Canada's healthcare industry, they are two of the most regulated industries in existence.

Besides, arguing over the technicalities is absurd when one strikes to the root of socialized medicine and points out that it is merely the forced theft and redistribution of one person's property to another. Does the fact that elected officials, in the form of government, vote to approve the theft somehow make it ok?

The first post of this thread was an idiotic rant on how Obama's socialized medicine was gonna ban all physical sports. To which you agreed.......

OMG TEH TRUTH!!!11

The first post of this thread was an idiotic rant on how Obama's socialized medicine was gonna ban all physical sports. To which you agreed.......

Sorry, I should have been more specific about what I was agreeing with. I don't necessarily agree that socialized medicine will lead to the banning of physical sports, though it will definitely lead to more arbitrary and useless government regualtion. What I agree with, and see as completely truthful, is that socialized medicine is definitely "f@ckmeinthe@ss" care!!

• 2 weeks later...

1st off, i apologize for posting in the wrong forum, I thought I was in this when I was in the football, it was too late when i noticed.

2nd- I dont like Barack Obame, I did not vote for him. He is a lying piece of sh#t, a lot more than most politicians, and a very good actor as well. I believe in my heart he has intentions on completely changing the fundamentals of this country from top to bottom, and what better way to start than having the government supply health care. When they get that done, (and i'm afraid to say they will one way or another) they will have all power to say what you can eat, how much to excercise and so on.

3rd- you dont like my initial "classless" comment. I dont give a sh#t. When these crooked pieces of sh#t start showing me and millions of other prideful americans that they really have the best interests of this country at heart and not just some piece of sh#t liberal agenda or personal self interests, then i'll show some class, until then, most of these guys to me arent worth pissin on if they were on fire. They lie to get elected, then again to get re-elected. Make hundreds of thousands of dollars and the whole time completely ignore the fact that WE'RE THE BOSS, THEYRE SUPPOSED TO DO WHAT "WE" SAY.