SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

• 4 weeks later...

According to ESPN, Notre Dame, Alabama, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma make up his top five. All but the Sooners have offered. Starling is scheduled to visit Oklahoma next Wednesday. But it looks like this kid will play baseball in college and some are saying he will be drafted in the upcoming MLB draft.

That's what I've heard as well. Starling is expected by many to never even attend college. I guess if he gets drafted high enough I can't blame him.

According to ESPN, Notre Dame, Alabama, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma make up his top five. All but the Sooners have offered. Starling is scheduled to visit Oklahoma next Wednesday. But it looks like this kid will play baseball in college and some are saying he will be drafted in the upcoming MLB draft.

That's what I've heard as well. Starling is expected by many to never even attend college. I guess if he gets drafted high enough I can't blame him.

Yeah but I also heard that he has had a pretty down year this year compared to how good he was supposed to be. I bet he still gets drafted pretty high though.

Yeah but I also heard that he has had a pretty down year this year compared to how good he was supposed to be. I bet he still gets drafted pretty high though.

From what I've been able to find it hasn't beent that bad. www.gardneredge.com is the local paper out there.

He had a start last week where he went 6 innings giving up only 1 hit, then the reliever came in during the 7th and gave up 6 runs. It's hard to find stats on his season though.

Apparently Bubba will be visiting NU again. Not sure when but there's a thread in RSS about it.

He just returned from a Notre Dame trip and will visit Alabama and Nebraska within the next couple weeks/months. He wants to make a decision before his season starts and trying to get enough info on all schools before making a decision.

Apparently Bubba will be visiting NU again. Not sure when but there's a thread in RSS about it.

He just returned from a Notre Dame trip and will visit Alabama and Nebraska within the next couple weeks/months. He wants to make a decision before his season starts and trying to get enough info on all schools before making a decision.

Good to know he's planning for his future...you know, in case baseball doesn't work out for him. :)

He was also at KU this past weekend for their spring game. He is high on KU b/c of Turner Gill. He plans to play both football and baseball and says having someone who's already gone through it is very important. As we all know, Gill played both at Nebraska and was drafted twice in baseball.

Makes sense. Thanks for the update.

• 3 weeks later...