SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

Does anyone think that if we do get Bubba, that that could jeopardize Turner's commitment?

I really hope not cause I think itd be awesome to get both, but it does seem that we support a school that finds a way to lose a 4* qb every year.

I don't think so. Jamal does not have the "snake" feel to him like lil Gab did last year, and he seems to genuinely love Nebraska. He traveled quite a bit to see us last year. I know for sure that he was at the Big 12 Championship game, which really isn't a stretch for him since it's in Dallas, but he also made it to our bowl game all the way in California. That's a long way to go for a team you don't care about.

... I doubt Bubba has made up his mind yet... there's a teaser on Rivals today that indicates he will still be visiting Notre Dame and Nebraska in June. He might be heavily favoring Notre Dame, but I think he at least gives us a good campus visit before settling down with Notre Dame, or settling down in general for that matter.

Does anyone think that if we do get Bubba, that that could jeopardize Turner's commitment?

I really hope not cause I think itd be awesome to get both, but it does seem that we support a school that finds a way to lose a 4* qb every year.

I don't think so. Jamal does not have the "snake" feel to him like lil Gab did last year, and he seems to genuinely love Nebraska. He traveled quite a bit to see us last year. I know for sure that he was at the Big 12 Championship game, which really isn't a stretch for him since it's in Dallas, but he also made it to our bowl game all the way in California. That's a long way to go for a team you don't care about.

Not to mention he's been recruiting like crazy for NU... as soon as we're on a top guy he's on him too. I think he's locked in... rumor has it that his fiance has already applied and been accepted to NU... she's following him there.

Not to mention he's been recruiting like crazy for NU... as soon as we're on a top guy he's on him too. I think he's locked in... rumor has it that his fiance has already applied and been accepted to NU... she's following him there.

last year taught me you never know who is gonna committ and who isn't going to committ until they give their vebal and then you dont even know until pen is on paper in Feb...... so its all just a total game right now... which makes it sooo much fun... i am a bit more positive on this one than most at the moment actually

he is visiting notre dame this friday then nebraska june 18..... he wants to get with the staff about all of the baseball stuff.. and he is bringing his whole family up here

the key is is he bringing his whole family TOO DOTRE DAME also.........

big clue right there

he is visiting notre dame this friday then nebraska june 18..... he wants to get with the staff about all of the baseball stuff.. and he is bringing his whole family up here

the key is is he bringing his whole family TOO DOTRE DAME also.........

big clue right there

From a baseball perspective, NU > ND. For as bad as NU baseball was this year, ND was worse, believe it or not.

From a football perspective, ND is bringing in a new coach with a winning reputation. So there's a sort of "fresh start" in the air up there. That might be attractive to him. NU is coming off its worst offensive performance in decades.

It all depends on where his priorities lie, athletically and academically.

+1 :thumbs

Another thing that should be mentioned is that he wants to sit down and have a discussion with Watson about how the offense will be ran and about NU's quarterback situation.

+1 :thumbs

Another thing that should be mentioned is that he wants to sit down and have a discussion with Watson about how the offense will be ran and about NU's quarterback situation.

Our QB situation... Now there is a topic.

Well this year doesn't matter for him because Zac Lee will be gone when Starling gets here. The only way it effects Starling is seeing our style or if Green somehow jumps past Lee.

As far as after this year QB is in the air. We have lots of 4 :star recruiting talent, but no one who has done anything. He will have to come in and compete. It would seem Green would lead for the starter in 2011, but Carnes could jump past him. Plus Turner will be coming in, but probably redshirts unless he is just a beast. That would leave Starling to either redshirt in 2011 or show what he is made of and get on the field. In reality he probably needs to look at the QB situation starting in 2012 after he redshirts as a freshmen. Green will be a Senior in 2012, Carnes will be a RS Soph most likely, and he and Turner would be RS freshmen.

So if he is willing to compete he can come in and play in 2012/2013 would be my guess, but he may see our talent there and back out.

• Fire 1

Turner will be here regardless of who we add and who we drop from the commitment list. And he has already said that he doesn't mind competition at all so I don't see this being an issues.