SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

Brian Kelly = new lane kiffin

unless of course he actually gets results there... but being the offensive mind that he is its gonna take some time for that defense to not suck massive tijuana donkey dong.........

I still wonder why they hired Kelly...that defense needs an overhaul big time.

Brian Kelly = new lane kiffin

unless of course he actually gets results there... but being the offensive mind that he is its gonna take some time for that defense to not suck massive tijuana donkey dong.........

I still wonder why they hired Kelly...that defense needs an overhaul big time.

Because he's a good ol' catholic boy that's why.

Kelly can flat-out coach. Yes his team was lopsidedly offensive last season but that's not a general trend. Generally his teams are more balanced.

IMO he has shown no indication that his defenses can stop a good BCS team. Although he has never had the talent at his disposal that a ND can offer, I still dont see him really living up to expectations. When he doesnt, 3-4 years down the road he will get canned and then we will see Pete "The Cheat" Carroll at ND.

Kelly can flat-out coach. Yes his team was lopsidedly offensive last season but that's not a general trend. Generally his teams are more balanced.

IMO he has shown no indication that his defenses can stop a good BCS team. Although he has never had the talent at his disposal that a ND can offer, I still dont see him really living up to expectations. When he doesnt, 3-4 years down the road he will get canned and then we will see Pete "The Cheat" Carroll at ND.

considering he hasn't had a chance to coach a team with talent on par with a "good BCS team", i wouldn't judge him on that. he has shown that he can take a team to the top of the MAC and the top of the big east in short order, so he's either been lucky twice or is a good college coach. combine a good coach with ND's built in recruiting draw and budget and i wouldn't bet against him. i'll definitely cheer against him though.

also, no way in hell ND hires carroll. they wouldn't take a former coach from a rival for one thing, and definitely not one that seems to be tainted ethically.

Notre Dame and Bian Kelly is the sexy name in college football right now, just like Kiffin and Rocky Top were last year. Coach Kelly already has a defensive coordinator in place, and surprise it was his defensive coordinator while at Cinncinati, Bob Diaco. Notre Dame will probably struggle for the first couple of years on defense.

A friend sent me a link from a ND message board stating that Bubba had fun, but didn't commit like the fans expected. Sounds like he still plans on visiting Lincoln if that particular post is to be believed.

That's what I figured happened. I still say he has ND on top but a long conversation with Watson about how we would like to use him in the offense could do wonders. I'm just glad Watson will have the chance....again if that is true.

humm i thought for suuure he would committ..... well based on what everyone ON THIS BOARD was telling me :laughpound

but anyways lets hope he has a good time here... thought i'm not too high on him just yet you can't really turn away someone with his talent.. .though my complaints stem from the fact in how seriously he takes football.. .deep down