SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

I'm not gonna lie not a fan of Diener at all.

Yeah I heard how much of a stud he is at baseball too. My bet is that he ends up playing baseball instead of football because I have heard rumors about him and playing baseball.

A lot of people in town weren't fans of his. Preferential treatment of a HS coach in small town KS doesn't usually go over too well. You can't argue w/ results though. Not to mention that I have never seen Gardner come together as a town like they did this year because of this football team. It was good to see.

I don't know him personally so I have no opinion one way or the other. I know his daughter a little bit, think she's a junior/senior in HS or something. I'm about 10 years too old to know her more than that. :)

I do think Bubba will go the baseball route. Some will suggest being a 2-sport athlete like Khiry, but I don't think you can play 2 sports as a QB. You need to be 100% committed.

Man knows how to win though. Thought it was a great get for Gardener.

• 4 weeks later...

Staples mentioned him in an article this afternoon.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andy_staples/02/08/2011-class/index.html

Looks like he went to KU Junior Day (Rivals teaser). I didn't think KU Junior days were until later in the month but I guess not. Gill being a 2 sport QB should help w/ their recruitment of him. I still see him going MLB route, but we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

The word is that the kid will be a first round MLB draft pick. I can see him going that route right out of HS. I would if I were him.

First round is a stretch. I'd go more with 3rd-5th. He's had some shoulder issues if I remember right. I'm sure we'll know more as spring ball starts in a month. He has an away baseball game (Frontier/Kaw Challenge) on the 16th & 17th or April so I don't see him making it up for our spring game.