selling guns

Thought about selling a couple of my handguns because I dont fire them on a reg. basis but something told me not to and I dont want to sound like an extremist but with the new terrorist attacks or attempts and listening to the Fox news report of 34 muslim training camps within the U.S. including one in my home state of S.C. , it made me think twice about selling my .357 and Springfield .40, instead went and bought some more ammo. Happy hunting

Considering the scare that has swept the country about gun control issues that the Obama camp may try to institute; it is never wrong to have enough ammo. Just for the sake of zombie control :)

Is there an open season on terrorist training camps and what is the permit cost? :lol:

You'd think they would be smart enough to setup shop in a gun phobic state like Mass or Ca. :laughpound

then I think of Ahmed the dead terrorist and have to smile.

GBR

I dont understand why our government dont shut these places down, hell the one in S.C. is 10 miles from my house, I will show them where it is, there not hiding, they are shopping at wal-mart for christ sakes.

Is it now illegal to be a Muslim, own a gun and be trained on how to use it? <_< Are you serious!?!?!

Dont really know what you are trying to do here or maybe you are muslim but crimals die because they are stupid and the military kills ppl. because they need to be killed.

Nope, not a muslim. Just an individual concerned about the way so many people, yourself included, view using force and initiating violence against other individuals as a sufficient solution to any problem. Does violence not begat more violence?

Also, I never said criminals should not be punished, but I believe your claim that they should "die because they are stupid" seems a bit extreme, on top of being completely immoral and inhumane. Also, how do you define criminal? As someone who breaks a victimless, arbitrary law created by another person or someone who actually violates the person/property of another individual?

And if you think "the military kills people because they need to be killed," you really need to wake up. Do you truly believe the US military is so noble and divine that they only kill because people need to be killed? What about other country's militaries? Read this, this, this, this, this and this (just a few recent examples) and then maybe rethink your view that those killed by the military needed to be killed. Just something to think about.

• 1 month later...

socal, you are forgetting your history here. back in WWII we used to carpet bomb entire cities. The fire bombing we did to Japan caused FAR more death and devastation that even the nuclear bombs did. Yet nowadays we have smart bombs to target only certain areas or buildings. As an infantryman in a special operations unit, i am privy to more information that most. We have a lot of restrictions on us as far as what targets we can hit, when, and why. Most of this is due to the U.S. trying to eliminate all civilian casualities and to promote our cultural sensitivity. HOWEVER socal, this is a WAR. One that we did not start. There will always be civilian casualites. Whether its a guy driving a giant gas truck straight at a group of U.S. soldiers at night and doesn't stop in time, or wrong intelligence that send a bomb to a house full of civilians. For your information, i was there when the former instance happened. There was nothing we could do without endangering ourselves.

If you think that we knowingly target innocents, you are completely wrong. The point these people are making about the terrorist camps in the U.S. is that we know that a certain sect of Islam is devoted to attacking and destroying the U.S. They have done it in the past and will do it again in the future. If the have credible intel that those people plan on attacking us, then they should be taken out/taken to jail. The issue isn't that they are Muslims with weapons, the issue is that they are Muslims with weapons that potentially could have terroristic tendencies. If they are American citizens, then they should be given due process. If they aren't, then since they are not uniformed soldiers of another country that signed the Geneva Convention, F*CK THEM

• Fire 2
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the problems with "touchy-feely" america is the moral outrage when some of our soldiers are accused of friendly fire incidents.

Too many people, think that war is this neatly packaged story for the evening news, filled with the horror, bloodshed and violence to repluse, yet captivate, and be the lightning rod for spirited debate.

One reason for all this, the media.

First of all, the fact that they're "embedded" with our troops, is a big time tactical no no.

Imagine had this been the case during WW II. All the whiney asses in this nation would have gone bonkers when we were burning Japanese troops out of caves on Iwo Jima, fire bombing Nuremburg, or dropping two nuclear weapons in Japan.

Also, after 9/11, when they we're showing those a**holes dancing around, I thought they were in Syria or some place like that. They were in Paterson, NJ. One town over from me. I don't know about you, but that sh*t wasn't cool.

Im so fed up with this sh#t. War is war. Humans are humans-there will never be world peace. Wake up. War is never pretty, and should never be questioned or restricted in any way. Attempting to control or moderate it only prolongs and exacerbates the suffering on both sides. War will always come down to situations with 2 men in a room, with no option of both leaving. How do you ever put rules or 'morals' or anything on something like that? Kill the m-f'r and live another day. Thats it. Im guessing SOCAL never served, or if he did, handed out toilet paper and backpacks from behind a desk.