selling guns

Im so fed up with this sh#t. War is war. Humans are humans-there will never be world peace. Wake up. War is never pretty, and should never be questioned or restricted in any way. Attempting to control or moderate it only prolongs and exacerbates the suffering on both sides. War will always come down to situations with 2 men in a room, with no option of both leaving. How do you ever put rules or 'morals' or anything on something like that? Kill the m-f'r and live another day. Thats it. Im guessing SOCAL never served, or if he did, handed out toilet paper and backpacks from behind a desk.

You're completely right. Too many Generals worried about what D.C. will do to them if they make a mistake, instead of fighting the war.

Im so fed up with this sh#t. War is war. Humans are humans-there will never be world peace. Wake up. War is never pretty, and should never be questioned or restricted in any way. Attempting to control or moderate it only prolongs and exacerbates the suffering on both sides. War will always come down to situations with 2 men in a room, with no option of both leaving. How do you ever put rules or 'morals' or anything on something like that? Kill the m-f'r and live another day. Thats it. Im guessing SOCAL never served, or if he did, handed out toilet paper and backpacks from behind a desk.

SOCAL was a Marine. I hardly ever agree with SOCAL on political matters but it's unwise to judge someone based solely on internet political discussions.

And I fully, FULLY, disagree with the "War is never pretty, and should never be questioned or restricted in any way." Are you suggesting that we should use biological, chemical, and nuclear weapons in every minor skirmish we get involved in? Or that we should go back to total war and kill and burn everything in whichever country we are in? Always keep in mind that war IS politics. War doesn't exist in a vacuum. We're trying to accomplish POLITICAL goals through the use of force. If you let war be a goal in itself that is a perfect example of the tail wagging the dog.

SOCAL was a Marine. I hardly ever agree with SOCAL on political matters but it's unwise to judge someone based solely on internet political discussions.

And I fully, FULLY, disagree with the "War is never pretty, and should never be questioned or restricted in any way." Are you suggesting that we should use biological, chemical, and nuclear weapons in every minor skirmish we get involved in? Or that we should go back to total war and kill and burn everything in whichever country we are in? Always keep in mind that war IS politics. War doesn't exist in a vacuum. We're trying to accomplish POLITICAL goals through the use of force. If you let war be a goal in itself that is a perfect example of the tail wagging the dog.

Nah. Im simply stating that if a side comes to the conclusion that war is necessary, they should be prepared to do whatever necessary to win. I just dont believe you can handicap war, in any matter. Its not logical to me. You dont have to use chem weapons, or whatever, but if you decide that you are right, why not give maximum effort towards that cause? Dont half ass it and question the process once its started is my feeling.

I dont understand why our government dont shut these places down, hell the one in S.C. is 10 miles from my house, I will show them where it is, there not hiding, they are shopping at wal-mart for christ sakes.

:facepalm:

Because not too long ago, when the government didn't care what the white majority did, the white majority denied the same rights (i.e., gun ownership in this case) to minorities. Minorities (then, it was Blacks and Jews) were at the mercy of an armed, white, Christian majority and were hunted down and lynched/tortured/executed left and right. We've come a long way. Now, when Muslims want to own weapons (their right to do so) and train with them (their right to do so), you complain about this. You are outraged that a minority population in this country feels threatened, but your solution is that they should take away their ability to defend themselves.

I bet you don't care about similar training camps run by White Christian religious zealots.

Now, before you label me as some pinko, consider that I enlisted for military service in the Marine Corps. I love this country and I will defend it to the last if a serious domestic threat arose on our soil. I, like you, am concerned about the growth of so-called radical Islam and its influence here in America. I agree that the government, just like they do with all extremist organizations, should keep a close watch on them and the appropriate measures should be taken if something develops. I do not think, however, that their rights should be taken away. That is dangerous.

I love how some people complain about the "other party" taking away their rights/freedoms a la 1984 and Big Brother, yet the first things they turn to in an effort to try and solve problems are to limit the rights of others.

Nah. Im simply stating that if a side comes to the conclusion that war is necessary, they should be prepared to do whatever necessary to win. I just dont believe you can handicap war, in any matter. Its not logical to me. You dont have to use chem weapons, or whatever, but if you decide that you are right, why not give maximum effort towards that cause? Dont half ass it and question the process once its started is my feeling.

Once again, I am in concurence.

Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose