RB Dagan Reed

• 4 months later...

From Husker Journal:

DAGAN REED, RB, 5-11, 200, 4.5, OVERLAND PARK (ST. THOMAS AQUINAS), KANSAS

“I just have just one offer and that’s from Nebraska. I’m not hearing much from others schools.” Reed said

“I’ve been to Nebraska before my brother plays for them now. I don’t know if I’m going there I’m going to give it some more time.” Reed said

“I haven’t heard from Nebraska for awhile now, I know they were recruiting me as a defensive back player.” Reed said

Had a nice catch and run for 80 yards against Starling's team. Ran over a kid then outran the rest of the defense. Was the only play of his that I saw(didn't see the whole game) that stood out. Nice athlete, but didn't appear to be that special. There is no way this kid should be the fall back plan if, god forbid(no pun intended with AG) Green goes a different route. We could do better, probably why we are looking at him in the defensive backfield.

• 3 months later...

Any news on Reed? He still only has one offer. Was he not that special his senior year?

He had a decent year. It is more the fact that he is not near the athletic specimen that Kyler was coming out of high school. If NU was in dire needs for a safety I could have seen a late push at Dagan, but alas the need wasn't great. He will end up somewhere, and who knows maybe he will blow up, but he just didn't fit the specific needs that Bo and the staff are looking for to fill out the class.

• 1 month later...

Dagan will likely walk on to NU this fall chuckleshuffle

for as much attention as recruiting 4 and 5 stars get, convincing a targeted walk-on to pay for his own education over scholarships elsewhere is a pretty impressive measure of recruiting ability. great pick-up by the coaches. it'll be interesting to see whether he starts out at safety or on offense.

Dagan will likely walk on to NU this fall chuckleshuffle

for as much attention as recruiting 4 and 5 stars get, convincing a targeted walk-on to pay for his own education over scholarships elsewhere is a pretty impressive measure of recruiting ability. great pick-up by the coaches. it'll be interesting to see whether he starts out at safety or on offense.

Honestly I don't think there were a whole lot of D1 schollies there for Dagan. Think this was his chance to play at the D1 level at a place where he was comfortable. I heard grades were one scaring point for schools, but he didn't exactly tear it up last fall either.