Pat Robertson says Haiti suffered earthquake because its people "swore a pact with the devil"

http://theknightshift.blogspot.com/2010/01...i-suffered.html

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pat Robertson says Haiti suffered earthquake because its people "swore a pact with the devil"

Oh crap. That demented fool is again engaging his mouth before using his mind (or what little is left of it anyway). This time Pat Robertson of The 700 Club is blaming Haiti's earthquake on how that country's citizens "swore a pact with the devil" to get free from the French.

I've said this from darn nearly the very beginning of this blog, and I'll say it again: Pat Robertson is, according to the strictest biblical definition, a false prophet. And if Pat Robertson seriously wants America and any other country to "turn to God" in the way that he espouses, then Robertson must be stoned to death. Literally.

That said, I am once again aghast at how a fellow "Christian" will use the name of God to exploit - in however minor a fashion - such a horrific tragedy.

Moronic superstition bleeding its way into the 21st century. People like Robertson have what we might call a selective memory. That is, he counts the hits––superstitious practices and cults getting smacked with disaster––and not the misses, such as when a tornado blows down a church, he himself gets ill, or San Francisco, his modern day Sodom, is still standing.

I think in simple terms it's called......"Thinning of the herd"

That's funny because I could think of about a million or so fat, lazy, boorish americans that could be "thinned from the herd" before a bunch of poor haitians. But hey, if that's how you really feel, then to each his own I guess. :dunno

I think in simple terms it's called......"Thinning of the herd"

That's funny because I could think of about a million or so fat, lazy, boorish americans that could be "thinned from the herd" before a bunch of poor haitians. But hey, if that's how you really feel, then to each his own I guess. :dunno

I agree 100%!!!

Maybe in the other thread God will save them all.

I think I'm good on politics and god post for awhile.

post-4948-1263605005.gif

http://theknightshift.blogspot.com/2010/01...i-suffered.html

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oh crap. That demented fool is again engaging his mouth before using his mind (or what little is left of it anyway). This time Pat Robertson of The 700 Club is blaming Haiti's earthquake on how that country's citizens "swore a pact with the devil" to get free from the French.

I've said this from darn nearly the very beginning of this blog, and I'll say it again: Pat Robertson is, according to the strictest biblical definition, a false prophet. And if Pat Robertson seriously wants America and any other country to "turn to God" in the way that he espouses, then Robertson must be stoned to death. Literally.

That said, I am once again aghast at how a fellow "Christian" will use the name of God to exploit - in however minor a fashion - such a horrific tragedy.

It's Pat trying to be relevant again which he is not.

You guys realize that the bible actually has many examples of countries "suffering" for their defiance of God right? It's not a far stretch. I don't think the guy is trying to hate. He sincerely believes that it can be prevented and wants to warn people. Outside of his show that he used to host I never really heard much from the guy so I don't think he's as big on publicity as people accuse him of being.

You guys realize that the bible actually has many examples of countries "suffering" for their defiance of God right? It's not a far stretch. I don't think the guy is trying to hate. He sincerely believes that it can be prevented and wants to warn people. Outside of his show that he used to host I never really heard much from the guy so I don't think he's as big on publicity as people accuse him of being.

It also has examples of pregnant women having their unborn infants sliced out of their stomachs and their children being butchered by marauding Hebrews.

Your point?

Jesus' take on death Luke 13:4, let's go with the red letters on this one.

PR= false prophet, the Bible tells how to test a true profit, and he fails.

:blink::facepalm:

I think this further illustrates why "Being Right with God" more often than not means you have to first rebuke all Religions.

I have mixed feelings on the Bible, though.

The rational? side of me thinks of it as the "National Enquirer" of it's day, but the parts that I've actually read (After the first few pages of "Begats") gave me an eerie feeling of Deja Vu...And with only a few glaring mistakes I've since learned were probably due to faulty interpretation. :dunno

• 2 weeks later...

O M G !

I couldn't care less what religion you, my neighbor, or anyone else practices. That is a private matter between a person and his god. I also don't care what you call him, or what book of schriptures you read and base your beliefs on. I lean towards thinking that there is one god and the we humans all pray to the same being and that we in our own idiotic way have screwed the whole religion thing. How else can you explain all the lives that have been lost in the name of religion? To me all the carnage is senseless. Perhaps the one real way to end up in Hell is to take a life in the name of your god.

T_O_B

P.S. Cable TV 'Ministers' are a band of fanatics and charlatans.