I wonder if people say his name wrong, Owa goes all Spider Monkey on him/her?

Sorry, not enough Spider Monkey references today IMO.

He probably just goes and practices Karote in the garage.

whats karote? is that some super secret ninja martial arts thats used by football players?

I wonder if people say his name wrong, Owa goes all Spider Monkey on him/her?

Sorry, not enough Spider Monkey references today IMO.

He probably just goes and practices Karote in the garage.

whats karote? is that some super secret ninja martial arts thats used by football players?

It is when your fingers slip on the keyboard and you look like a moron and your joke doesnt look at all funny on huskerboard. :lol:

I wonder how Bo's "in home" with Owa went last night?

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/visiting_with_owa.html

As those who follow Husker recruiting know, Nebraska coaches traveled to Portland on Thursday night to visit with ballyhooed defensive end recruit Owamagbe Odighizuwa.

Bo Pelini, Carl Pelini and John Papuchis made the trip, visiting with Owa and his mother. UCLA and Oregon are the other schools he's considering, and some have wondered if the distance to Nebraska might give the competitors an advantage.

What's mom think about that distance?

"After this (visit), she said she doesn't really mind at all," Owa told Scout.com after the meeting Thursday night. "She does not care at all. There are so many other good things about the school, she can look past the distance."

Owa said he'd like to talk it over with his coach and mom this weekend and didn't have a set time frame for a decision in mind.

"Just when it feels right," he told Scout.

From everything I am reading, things look really good for us. It sounds like a done deal. But, I just wonder if all the information I am reading is just skewed that way and there is another side to the story. Hopefully he will be N soon. It is exhausting checking all the boards on the internet every 5 minutes for an update.

From everything I am reading, things look really good for us. It sounds like a done deal. But, I just wonder if all the information I am reading is just skewed that way and there is another side to the story. Hopefully he will be N soon. It is exhausting checking all the boards on the internet every 5 minutes for an update.

Yeah, I wonder about that too.. I wonder if the Bruins had such a rabid fan base as us, they wouldn't have a thread dedicated to Owa where everyone was convinced he'd be a Bruin.

Sounds like the Bruin coaches and Owa left feeling really good about their visit too..

Owa's coach very impressed with the Husker coaches after their meeting Thursday.

“Actually,” said Dan Wood, Odighizuwa's coach at David Douglas High School, “Owa said it went really, really well.”

Wood met at the high school with NU coaches before they visited Odighizuwa's house in the evening. The coach was also impressed with Nebraska's presentation, a factor that could loom large as Odighizuwa picks a school.

“They were extremely well prepared,” Wood said. “They were very honest and straightforward, no-nonsense. I appreciate that, and I know Owa appreciates that approach. We had enough time that we were able to visit about different things, not just Owa's situation.

“I enjoyed our time and thought they were very informative. They were extremely personable. It just all went down really, really well.”

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100122/BIGRED/701229821