Obama just got sodomized

• 2 weeks later...

This is so bad for Obama, I can't even put it in words. His almighty health care plan is getting stuck right up his rear end. The bank bailout turned out to be the biggest farce ever, and the economy is still in the gutter.

He's so screwed for the next 3 years.

Before you all think that this is a Republican revolution, do consider that Brown supported Massachusetts universal health care plan. And has voted for tax increases while being a state legislator.

This is so bad for Obama, I can't even put it in words. His almighty health care plan is getting stuck right up his rear end. The bank bailout turned out to be the biggest farce ever, and the economy is still in the gutter.

Before you all think that this is a Republican revolution, do consider that Brown supported Massachusetts universal health care plan. And has voted for tax increases while being a state legislator.

Yes he did, but he does not support universal healthcare on a national scale. He said if the individual states wanted to implement their own plans like Massachusetts, he would be all for it, but something on a national scale, as it is written, would be a non-starter.

Man, the Dems have a 59-seat majority.

Why are they "screwed"? I don't get these guys. FIFTY NINE SEAT MAJORITY!

Apparently you can't accomplish anything with that.

The problem is that you need a 60 vote majority to break a filibuster, which is what the gop has promised to do on things like health care. So much for all of them running their mouths about 'an up or down vote' a couple years ago. I guess their sense or right and how things should work only applies when they have a 51 vote majority.

Yeah - I know, I guess the blame falls partly on the GOP here. 60-seat majorities are rare, and the Dems even had one for a while - and still didn't get much done. How were previous administrations able to do anything without anywhere close to that kind of Congress domination? Poor leadership or an opposition that isn't interested in working towards anything, only sitting down and being whiny. Not sure what to make of it.

The problem is that you need a 60 vote majority to break a filibuster, which is what the gop has promised to do on things like health care. So much for all of them running their mouths about 'an up or down vote' a couple years ago. I guess their sense or right and how things should work only applies when they have a 51 vote majority.

The Dems had their chance to rubber stamp everything through with their 60 vote majority and they squandered it. They were more focused on settling political scores than governing, and now they will reap what they sowed.

The healthcare legislation as it is written is dead. Obama has broken every promise when it came to writing the legislation.

• He promised transparency
  • He promised no lobbyists writing the bill
  • He promised participation in the program would be voluntary
  • He promised an open debate at the committee level to be aired to the public on CSPAN.

Instead, all we got was Pharma, AARP, Unions, and other special interests writing provisions in the bill to exempt them from it. The bills were written behind closed doors without the promised bi-partisanship.

BTW the up or down vote was for judicial nominees only, as it pertains to the advise and consent clause in the US Constitution.

All I have to say is that our entire government sux!!! From Congress to the house all the way to state and local, they are nothing but buttsuckers that look after their own interests that fill their own pockets. As far as this whole left/right BS that is going on right now, nobody is trying to solve a damn thing, they are looking for anyway to hang Obama out to dry, funny when the GOP ran the country for the last 8 years, we saw higher taxes, highest gas prices and a war that will never end, but when the DEMS took office it is just ok for the the GOP to critique every little thing and VOTE NO just to make the DEMS look like communist/socailist to hide the fact they did a piss poor job when it was their turn. Time to look at the bigger problem and realize that our branches of gov't have failed as a whole, not just who is at the top spot. :rant I am not left or right so crucify if needed, but that is why message boards are great :lol:

• Fire 1