Obama questions legality of BCS system

Is Obama the w  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who do you consider a real economist, SOCAL? Have you ever read anything by Dr. Milton Friedman?

T_O_B

Sure, read quite a few articles and books by Milton Friedman. The problem I have with him as that he claimed to be a free market/liberatarian yet he always tried to work with the state instead of abolish it and somehow believed a central bank is/was needed, which is completely anti-market. He also is quite high on the voucher program which regardless how he words it, is still theft through taxation. He's very smart though. Here's a good critique of him.

As far as who I consider a real economist. That list would have to include, but not exclusively: Murray Rothbard, Robert Higgs, Ludwig von Mises, FA Hayek, Carl Menger, Thomas Woods, Adam Smith, Walter Block, Eugen Bohm-Bawerk, Henry Hazlitt, Peter Schiff, Lew Rockwell, Hans Hermann-Hoppe, Tom Dilorenzo, Louis Carabini, Robert Murphy, George Reisman, Jesus Huerta de Soto, any just about anyone who subscribes to the Austrian School.

Who do you consider a real economist, SOCAL? Have you ever read anything by Dr. Milton Friedman?

T_O_B

Sure, read quite a few articles and books by Milton Friedman. The problem I have with him as that he claimed to be a free market/liberatarian yet he always tried to work with the state instead of abolish it and somehow believed a central bank is/was needed, which is completely anti-market. He also is quite high on the voucher program which regardless how he words it, is still theft through taxation. He's very smart though. Here's a good critique of him.

As far as who I consider a real economist. That list would have to include, but not exclusively, Murray Rothbard, Robert Higgs, Ludwig von Mises, FA Hayek, Carl Menger, Thomas Woods, Adam Smith, Walter Block, Eugen Bohm-Bawerk, Henry Hazlitt, Peter Schiff, Lew Rockwell, Hans Hermann-Hoppe, Tom Dilorenzo, Louis Carabini, Robert Murphy, George Reisman, Jesus Huerta de Soto, any just about anyone who subscribes to the Austrian School.

How old are you man? You seem to be very well read and certainly able to debate your point of view. We seriously need to get together some time, perhaps on an AMTRAC trip that takes 3, 4 days. We can sit in the club car talk politics, economics, religion have some cold beer and stiff cocktails and I will give up all my secrets on chilling beer and the recipe for the most fantastic Bloody Mary Mix you will ever taste in your life. If you are a golfer I can also help you improve your game. Oh yeah we could also lapse into long discussions of Husker Football.

T_O_B

:)

T_O_B

As far as who I consider a real economist. That list would have to include, but not exclusively, Murray Rothbard, Robert Higgs, Ludwig von Mises, FA Hayek, Carl Menger, Thomas Woods, Adam Smith, Walter Block, Eugen Bohm-Bawerk, Henry Hazlitt, Peter Schiff, Lew Rockwell, Hans Hermann-Hoppe, Tom Dilorenzo, Louis Carabini, Robert Murphy, George Reisman, Jesus Huerta de Soto, any just about anyone who subscribes to the Austrian School.

How old are you man? You seem to be very well read and certainly able to debate your point of view. We seriously need to get together some time, perhaps on an AMTRAC trip that takes 3, 4 days. We can sit in the club car talk politics, economics, religion have some cold beer and stiff cocktails and I will give up all my secrets on chilling beer and the recipe for the most fantastic Bloody Mary Mix you will ever taste in your life. If you are a golfer I can also help you improve your game. Oh yeah we could also lapse into long discussions of Husker Football.

T_O_B

Thanks for the compliments, I try!! As far as age, I'll be 30 in two weeks!! I find it's easy to read about things you find interesting.

And yes, that would be quite a trip. 3-4 days filled with all my favorites: drinks, economics, sports and a little anti-political and religion mixed in. Plus golf tips? Sweet!! Quick question, I still drive with either a 3-iron or my driving iron off the tee because no matter how hard I try I always seem to duck hook my woods. I've tried changing my swing to more outside in and nothing seems to help, any suggestions?

T_O_B

T_O_B

Thanks for the compliments, I try!! As far as age, I'll be 30 in two weeks!! I find it's easy to read about things you find interesting.

And yes, that would be quite a trip. 3-4 days filled with all my favorites: drinks, economics, sports and a little anti-political and religion mixed in. Plus golf tips? Sweet!! Quick question, I still drive with either a 3-iron or my driving iron off the tee because no matter how hard I try I always seem to duck hook my woods. I've tried changing my swing to more outside in and nothing seems to help, any suggestions?

Perhaps, adjust your grip. Instead of buying the new wonder club, save the money and get a couple lessons. If you have an exclusively golf retailer in your area you can some times get some free tips from their staff. Work on your putting, and when on the course always putt out, there is no such thing as a gimmie, and there are no muligans off the first tee. Always remember, if can get par on the par 3's, and the shorter par 4's and boggy the rest you are looking at a score of 82 to 90. If you consistently score boggy rounds then you will be a 16 to 20 handicap and going to be better than 70 percent of the people you play with. If you play with a regular foresome everybody establish a handicap and then use it when you play and always post your scores. The guys who fudge, take mullies and gimmies and an occasional 'foot wedge' are putting themselves at a disadvantage when they play aganst someone who is truthful on his score cards and posts. If you get beat by a cheat the only thing you can do, don't play with them next time. Spend some time on the driving range and work, work, work on your short game and putting. Its fun to spend your time on the range blasting your driver but the game is won and lost from 30 yards in. Good luck. In So. Cal. you can most likely play today. I'm looking at 40 inches of snow and drifts of 6 to 8 feet. There is no south in South Dakota.

T_O_B

:nanalama

Perhaps, adjust your grip. Instead of buying the new wonder club, save the money and get a couple lessons. If you have an exclusively golf retailer in your area you can some times get some free tips from their staff. Work on your putting, and when on the course always putt out, there is no such thing as a gimmie, and there are no muligans off the first tee. Always remember, if can get par on the par 3's, and the shorter par 4's and boggy the rest you are looking at a score of 82 to 90. If you consistently score boggy rounds then you will be a 16 to 20 handicap and going to be better than 70 percent of the people you play with. If you play with a regular foresome everybody establish a handicap and then use it when you play and always post your scores. The guys who fudge, take mullies and gimmies and an occasional 'foot wedge' are putting themselves at a disadvantage when they play aganst someone who is truthful on his score cards and posts. If you get beat by a cheat the only thing you can do, don't play with them next time. Spend some time on the driving range and work, work, work on your short game and putting. Its fun to spend your time on the range blasting your driver but the game is won and lost from 30 yards in. Good luck. In So. Cal. you can most likely play today. I'm looking at 40 inches of snow and drifts of 6 to 8 feet. There is no south in South Dakota.

T_O_B

Thanks!!

T_O_B

Thanks!!

One more thing, my Dad, who continues to get smarter as I get older always said, play golf as if it were simply a day with friends, taking a walk in a beautiful park, and being led by a white ball that will never take you on the same route twice.

T_O_B

T_O_B

Thanks!!

One more thing, my Dad, who continues to get smarter as I get older always said, play golf as if it were simply a day with friends, taking a walk in a beautiful park, and being led by a white ball that will never take you on the same route twice.

T_O_B

Great advice!!