What really annoys me

Everybody who follows the board knows that most of us are "self-proclaimed" Biggest Husker Fans alive.... most have decorated our homes, named our children after coaches/players, traveled around the country to watch NU, get depressed this time of year.....etc....

I am all of the above like most, but I will say that I have been a lifetime Georgetown Hoya BB fan and I will wear Hoya gear during BB season. I will cheer for and attend NU games and they are my number 1, especially being an alum, but I will wear Hoya gear with pride, regardless of who it annoys.

I disagree. I am a fan of both Tulsa and Nebraska. Mainly because my sister lives in Tulsa and it is a sweet town. If there was a player who chose between Nebraska and Tulsa and decided to go to Tulsa I would be happy about it. I have to say I have a lot more Nebraska shirts than Tulsa shirts though.

I'm also a Nebraska and Tulsa fan. I grew up in Nebraska and lived there from birth to 18 years old. I was born a Husker fan and I'll die one. I, however, went to the University of Tulsa because I wanted to play soccer in college and NU does not have men's varsity soccer. During my time there, I grew to be a diehard fan of all Tulsa sports the same way that I am with all Husker sports. So to say that someone can't be a diehard fan of two schools is absolutely ridiculous.

I root for NU when it doesn't hurt my Hawks. I must be an idiot... I also like PEnn State, not like I do the Jayhawks, but I like em. I also root for the service acadamies, for what that is worth, cause I love what they are about. In the end, KU first, but I am like an onion, I have layers...

There's really only one combo I could never agree with right now - a Nebraska/Texas fan. :steam

Well then sir, you and I aren't going to see eye to eye. I have a lot of family in Texas and spent every summer when I was little there. I also picked them because they too were rivals with OU and we never played them. Now, I don't have that luxury, but don't kid yourself....I want to beat the s h i t out of them when the Huskers play them. I was as mad as anybody after the B12 game.

Basketball is UNC because my dad was a GA with Dean Smith for one year in the 70s. I also love Michael Jordan for that reason......and I HATE Dook(ie).

My scenario is like some others on the board. I was raised as a fan of another team.

Married a lady from Nebraska and my children were all born in Nebraska.

Needless to say, they are big fans of only the 'Huskers'.

I realized after a while, no matter how hard I tried, they were not going to change!

On game days in our house, everyone wears 'Red', my Georgia 'Red' and their Nebraska ' Scarlet', hence my log-on name.

Over the years, my family, the fans and the people of Nebraska have slowly chipped away at me.

During the Texas game, I found myself out of my chair, screaming at the TV on more than one occasion.

My youngest son said, " Watch out Dad, you're becoming a Husker"!

Have I completely converted? Only time will tell...

All us "FNG's" have to start somewhere. :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with cheering for other teams as long as they are not playing your primary team. One thing that gets under my skin is the loads of people who switch teams for differant sports. That haapens a lot here with KSU fans who all of a sudden become KU fans when bball tips off. How can you so passionatly cherr against one team in on sport and for them in another. I just don't get it.

There's really only one combo I could never agree with right now - a Nebraska/Texas fan. :steam

Well then sir, you and I aren't going to see eye to eye. I have a lot of family in Texas and spent every summer when I was little there. I also picked them because they too were rivals with OU and we never played them. Now, I don't have that luxury, but don't kid yourself....I want to beat the s h i t out of them when the Huskers play them. I was as mad as anybody after the B12 game.

Basketball is UNC because my dad was a GA with Dean Smith for one year in the 70s. I also love Michael Jordan for that reason......and I HATE Dook(ie).

As you all know, I'm a Clemson fan, but I'll take Duke over the Tar Heels any day.

I don't think there is anything wrong with cheering for other teams as long as they are not playing your primary team. One thing that gets under my skin is the loads of people who switch teams for differant sports. That haapens a lot here with KSU fans who all of a sudden become KU fans when bball tips off. How can you so passionatly cherr against one team in on sport and for them in another. I just don't get it.

I know about 15 Nebraska football fans who are Kansas basketball fans. They are all around my age. 24-30. Also a couple of of the KSU football and KU basketball fans. Its clear as day that these guys jumped on the bandwagon. They picked the teams that were good at the time. Although I am not a fan of it, if they stick with those teams, good or bad, then it doesnt bother me too much. The only thing that gets on my nerves are the bandwagon jumpers. I believe you pick a team for life. There are always special issues that could change that. But for the most part you should never change teams. Just because you relocate doesnt mean you switch. I have Husker everything poured over me living/working here. Does that mean I should switch teams?? If you were to move to STL or Columbia or Lawrence should you switch? It just gets on my nerves that I know people who are all geeked out in Husker red/Jayhawk blue/K-state purple who talked so much crap to me over the years. Rubbed in every victory, called to make fun of me for loses and when their teams arnt doing well they dont even pay attention. I sickens me that I know more about their teams than they do. Because if they are not a winning team, these people just dont care. I have a coworker that ticks me off so bad about the huskers and I am not even a fan. :lol: He is all about NE when things are good. goes to games, sports the gear, talked big red till my ears feel off. Then for two years he didnt watch games. Didnt even know if they won on Monday morning. Stopped buying tickets and wearing gear. Then this last year he was back in the fold. I wanted to punch him in the nose. That is the type of crap i am talking about. :madash

Anyway, you may have other teams you like to follow. That is fine, but nothing should overtake your #1. I enjoy watching other teams. I may root for them during other games. But I live and die with OL' MIZZOU. Just because I like watching other teams doesnt mean my love for my team is less. That is what happens when you are a sports fan. Very few people love their team and hate every other team in the country.