OL Mike Shoff

HuskerEric

He had a good trip to Iowa. I'm guessing he will be committing to IOWA within the next month or so.

Tis sadly probably true, just don't think it will be that quickly. There are talks of him getting a shot wrestling there as well. And if you have ever watched the kid on the mat, it is not that suprising.

Good linemen have a mean streak in them. Wrestlers have an even worse one. Some of the best linemen I played with in school were former wrestlers. If they gave Sterrup an offer to come play, then Shoff deserves one bad. I really hate when we question the coaches on recruiting but this one does seem like an offer that should be given out if he is at all considering going to Iowa. I will trust the coaches know what they are doing on this one.

I'm pretty sure if his last name was Cotton he'd have an offer and would be N by now.

:facepalm:

I have a friend that was a trainer at UNL awhile back, basically when Callahan first came in. On kids unofficials and officials they basically do physical inspections on them to make sure that they are not hiding any injuries, they inspect their frame to see how much they could comfortably put on, etc. My friend actually did the review/inspection if you will on Lydon Murtha. He said he knew the kid would have problems with injuries, etc. Now I don't have any information on Schoff, but this could very well be one of the reasons an offer will never come his way. Much like Cole Fisher.

I'm pretty sure if his last name was Cotton he'd have an offer and would be N by now.

I have a friend that was a trainer at UNL awhile back, basically when Callahan first came in. On kids unofficials and officials they basically do physical inspections on them to make sure that they are not hiding any injuries, they inspect their frame to see how much they could comfortably put on, etc. My friend actually did the review/inspection if you will on Lydon Murtha. He said he knew the kid would have problems with injuries, etc. Now I don't have any information on Schoff, but this could very well be one of the reasons an offer will never come his way. Much like Cole Fisher.

I agree with you, I was actually taking a shot at the Cotton boys.

interesting.jpg

I think Ben was worth the offer and I think Sam will prove to be worth the offer as well. I like him better at DE than TE though. Will be dissappointed if we dont get another TE. Jake, we will see. Still scratching my head at the timing that Sam received his offer though.

Still scratching my head at the timing that Sam received his offer though.

Couldn't agree more. Don't want to turn this into the Sam Cotton thread, but was Sam in such demand that we had to offer him so soon? I find it ridiculous.

I think they really do want to see him this season. In an article it was said they want to see him do a little more pass-blocking, something he hasn't gotten to do much, rumor has it he was alright but not outstanding at camp. More importantly I think they want to see if he stays healthy. He had a serious knee-injury last season and had a pulled hammy at camp. I can see wanting to avoid offering an injury-prone type that ends-up not-deveoping or on medical-hardship.

• 4 months later...