1983 Nebraska Penn State

cb1954

Not sure what's so great about the jerseys, although I can see the appeal of the 2 stripes on the pants, the numbers on the helmet & the fact player names were not put on the back of the jerseys.

Seeing that potent offense put a smile on my face almost as big as the smile I got when seeing Herbie Husker at the 8-min mark :koolaid2:

I remember that game. PSU keyed on Rozier, and that was the only game that year he was held under 100 yards (He went on to win the Heisman.). But everything else sure was clicking that day on offense. The defense even looked good. That offense perhaps could rank as the greatest ever in Husker history, even with the great N.C. teams of the '90s. But the defense that year was one of Osborne's worst, which anything cost him the N.C. in the Orange Bowl against Miami. Irving Fryer was one of the two greatest WRs we ever had -- the other guy, Rodgers. Some of you might recall Gill, Rozier and Fryer were called the Triplets.

I really like the white socks pulled up and white shoes. Wouldn't mind seeing us go back to that.

I spent $1,800. on a sattelite dish just to watch this game.

T_O_B

:cheers:bonez:bonez:bonez:cheers

I'm hoping you didn't return the dish after the game...although it's tough to put a price on the '83 Huskers :koolaid2:

Not sure what's so great about the jerseys, although I can see the appeal of the 2 stripes on the pants, the numbers on the helmet & the fact player names were not put on the back of the jerseys.

Seeing that potent offense put a smile on my face almost as big as the smile I got when seeing Herbie Husker at the 8-min mark :koolaid2:

When you play against Penn State any uniform is great by comparison

Our jerseys are dull, but their jerseys are so bland it's hard to stomach

like those jerseys, as well. was that curt gowdy announcing? sounded like him.

I don't know who Curt Gowdy is but I'm pretty sure one of the announcers was none other then Lee Corso. It sure sounded just like Corso.

It did sound like Lee Corso. But I'm pretty sure Corso was still coaching then.