Player: Lateek Townsend

Hometown: Bennettsville, SC

School: Marlboro County HS

Position: OLB

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 197 lbs.

40 time: 4.6

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Coastal Carolina, Duke, Georgia, LSU, Illinois, Maryland, Miami, Michigan St., Nebraska, North Carolina, North Carolina St., South Carolina, Texas Tech

Committed to Clemson

Rivals: :star :star :star :star (#8)

Scout: :star :star :star (#17)

ESPN: :star :star :star :star (#9)

Highlights Video (View in Windows Media Player)

According to rivals we haven't offered him a scholarship unless we did or going to today if Lateek is at our Junior day if he's even attending that. But as of right now he's pretty high on Clemson which doesn't surprise me since its in his home state of South Carolina.

According to rivals we haven't offered him a scholarship unless we did or going to today if Lateek is at our Junior day if he's even attending that. But as of right now he's pretty high on Clemson which doesn't surprise me since its in his home state of South Carolina.

Yeah, but according to Scout we offered him. It's not uncommon that one scouting service will show an offer while the other one doesn't.

Yeah, but according to Scout we offered him. It's not uncommon that one scouting service will show an offer while the other one doesn't.

I see, right on

Hate to break it to you guys...but this guys a Tiger...I'd say probably 95%...I really really hope that other 5% is Nebraska though.

I was wondering what you thought about this kid....pretty much hit exactly my thoughts.

He's basically already committed, but then said he wasn't "officially committed"...whatever that means. But it's just a matter of time until he calls Coach Swinney and commits.

Hate to break it to you guys...but this guys a Tiger...I'd say probably 95%...I really really hope that other 5% is Nebraska though.

I was wondering what you thought about this kid....pretty much hit exactly my thoughts.

He's basically already committed, but then said he wasn't "officially committed"...whatever that means. But it's just a matter of time until he calls Coach Swinney and commits.

“Some people thought I committed and it was really just a big misunderstanding,” said Lateek Townsend. “I never did commit to anyone even though everyone thought I committed to Clemson. It wasn’t Clemson or anyone else, but even if I would have committed, it might not have been to Clemson. I am looking at a lot of schools, the process is a long one, and I am going to take my time.”

“I want to get out to Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia to check them out,” he said. “I am looking at everyone, but those are three I definitely want to visit.”

“Some people thought I committed and it was really just a big misunderstanding,” said Lateek Townsend. “I never did commit to anyone even though everyone thought I committed to Clemson. It wasn’t Clemson or anyone else, but even if I would have committed, it might not have been to Clemson. I am looking at a lot of schools, the process is a long one, and I am going to take my time.”

“I want to get out to Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia to check them out,” he said. “I am looking at everyone, but those are three I definitely want to visit.”

I think he just wants the drama, one guy that interviewed him even said that he couldn't believe he hadn't committed yet.

He considers the Gators a strong contender for his services.

"I'm thinking Florida highly," he said. "That's a winning program, so things must be done right. I'm going down there soon for an unofficial visit. I've not seen the campus yet. I put them up there with Clemson and Carolina."

Georgia Tech and Louisville are the most recent offers for Townsend, who also has offers from Clemson, USC, N.C. State, Illinois, Maryland, LSU, Miami, Alabama, Tennessee, Nebraska, Michigan State and others.

Read more: http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=146104#ixzz0hp8v6iSY

http://www.thestate.com/2010/03/08/1191370/recruiting-gators-are-in-the-picture.html

• 2 months later...

rumored favorites: Alabama, Tennessee, LSU, Florida and South Carolina

IMO, he's just trying to play the "How many offers can I receive" game. The last I heard was those 5 plus my Tigers. I will say, though, that these types of recruits really get on my nerves, and I now don't care whether we get him or not.

• Fire 1
  • 7 months later...