If that $1.5 mil is mostly because of Huskerpedia, ISI is sure are going to take a hit after the smoke clears on this one.

Not necessarily. Most consumers aren't choosy. They tend to go to the path of least resistance, and they tend to be creatures of habit. If they've got a bookmark already set up for HP, many folks aren't likely to change because of this.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I think if HuskerMax continues to use the same layout and data that they're going to have legal issues with ISI. I can't imagine ISI letting that much revenue just walk away without trying to make it difficult. This could get ugly.

If that $1.5 mil is mostly because of Huskerpedia, ISI is sure are going to take a hit after the smoke clears on this one.

Not necessarily. Most consumers aren't choosy. They tend to go to the path of least resistance, and they tend to be creatures of habit. If they've got a bookmark already set up for HP, many folks aren't likely to change because of this.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I think if HuskerMax continues to use the same layout and data that they're going to have legal issues with ISI. I can't imagine ISI letting that much revenue just walk away without trying to make it difficult. This could get ugly.

True about consumers and their shopping tendencies, the uniqueness of this situation will make it interesting to follow.

I've had nothing but good experiences with the HP founders. Back in high school, I ran my own Husker site and they would graciously link to articles from the site when I emailed them on occasion. It was free exposure that they certainly had no obligation to provide.

I was also a regular at their forum until they started charging.

I've had nothing but good experiences with the HP founders. Back in high school, I ran my own Husker site and they would graciously link to articles from the site when I emailed them on occasion. It was free exposure that they certainly had no obligation to provide.

I was also a regular at their forum until they started charging.

huskerpedia was the first place i checked out.. .but the thought of money just to comment!? really tripped me out..... so i became a dreaded lurker who people on the site would rally against for crashing the board..... so i kinda just stopped going there... sometimes i do go there for the quick summary of thing...

HB is has so much knowledge and detail and so mnay people posting info it crushes HP..... but at the same time for some qucik info (due to limited amount of people posting stuff.. especially in recruiting) i would go there to check stuff out... i am bummed though that some guys got the shaft.... kinda sucks

I would say you're probably right about any other consumer base, but we're talking about Husker fans knapp. We're probably the only fanbase in the country who mobilizes in force anytime a Husker fan or player needs it.

If ISI truly did them wrong, Huskerpedia won't be worth a plug nickel within a year.

not as good as huskerboard anyway..

Agreed. Haven't found much that's even close (mods, my address is....)

HuskerMax offers different things than we offer. For message boards there's nothing better than HuskerBoard, and frankly it's not even close. There's a reason I'm on here all the time talking to you guys - collectively, we know our stuff, and we make for good conversation. Everyone take a bow. :thumbs

HuskerMax provides some great stats, though, that HuskerBoard doesn't, simply because it's not our focus. I find them useful for supporting facts in a discussion. The facts come from over there, but the discussion happens here. As God intended.

I agree with a lot of this. Pedia has some good data facts and links to articles but their boards seemed to have slowed down considerably in last few years. Our recruiting forum completely destroys them. I remember I used to lurk over there on the boards but I don't find nearly as much info. and/or timely info. as I do on our boards. In fact it appears a lot of the topics now start here before Pedia picks up on them.

From lurking their board now, it would appear their members are going to move in mass to the new site to support the originators. So, my bet is Pedia slowly dies (esepcially if no one is posting there!) and while Max will probably have to come up with different look, name, etc. their members will end up over there. Anyway, I hope it all works out for them. Good site but different than ours now for past few years. GBR

i feel bad for those guys... not much positivity right now over there..... i think charging just for a message board was a very good idea... leads to a lot of stagnation when most people on ther just got their infor from RSS or this board anyways... i did like some of the shirts they came out with... i even got one of those children of the corn shirts for a christmas gift one year... just a bummer is all i guess....

not as good as huskerboard anyway..

Agreed. Haven't found much that's even close (mods, my address is....)

HuskerMax offers different things than we offer. For message boards there's nothing better than HuskerBoard, and frankly it's not even close. There's a reason I'm on here all the time talking to you guys - collectively, we know our stuff, and we make for good conversation. Everyone take a bow. :thumbs

HuskerMax provides some great stats, though, that HuskerBoard doesn't, simply because it's not our focus. I find them useful for supporting facts in a discussion. The facts come from over there, but the discussion happens here. As God intended.

I agree with a lot of this. Pedia has some good data facts and links to articles but their boards seemed to have slowed down considerably in last few years. Our recruiting forum completely destroys them. I remember I used to lurk over there on the boards but I don't find nearly as much info. and/or timely info. as I do on our boards. In fact it appears a lot of the topics now start here before Pedia picks up on them.

From lurking their board now, it would appear their members are going to move in mass to the new site to support the originators. So, my bet is Pedia slowly dies (esepcially if no one is posting there!) and while Max will probably have to come up with different look, name, etc. their members will end up over there. Anyway, I hope it all works out for them. Good site but different than ours now for past few years. GBR

I think HuskerBoard simply blows away Huskerpedia. It's not even close.

I used to be a member there in the Callahan days but the political correctness requirements then were simply silly. Unless you showed endless admiration and appreciation for Cally/Coz (even though NU was getting its head kicked in constantly) you eventually would get banned. Seriously.....it happened to many. It was disgusting, imo.

I don't miss HuskerPedia and will shed no tears for it. I'll however always be very grateful for this, Scout & Rivals boards.

• Fire 1