QB Situation

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Lee is looking, feeling, and playing better come Fall camp; if Latravis and Jesse Spano are serviceable; if Martinez is actually as goos as we're hearing, let Green get his redshirt. Worst case scenario(s): A. Forced to burn the redshirt mid-season and throw him into the lineup, B. He transfers due to the quality around him and the quality coming up (Carnes, Turner)...which I don't really think is a "bad" thing in the long run. Best case: Spring football and Fall camp will give us A LOT to talk about in 2011.

I know one thing, and that thing is that I want Cody to be the starter this year.

What if LaTravis Washington starts every game and we go undefeated? I know you'd be happy about that.

I think people don't care who starts at QB. All this talk about this guy or that guy is irrelevant as long as we win as a team. The QB is the face of the program, sure, but the important thing is success. If Taylor Martinez brings us that success, more power to him.

Well, I think you misunderstand me.

If LW is the best guy for the job, then fine. I'm saying I want Cody to be the starter so that we can put those "is he the guy we think he is" babies to bed. It would stink to have him turn into another guy that the fan base rips for not being as good as they think he can be.

• Fire 1

I think Lee has a lot of potential he just needs his wits about him in the pocket and recover from the surgery. I think he plays similar (in some instances..) to Ganz, and in others (like the inconsistency..) to Sam Keller. This is arguable. But that's my opinion, Ganz played with all heart and even with his mistakes he tried to be better, Lee seems to share the same mentality but it ended up being for the worse majority of the season.

But also, mind you, a lot of times when he was pretty on-the-ball per say, the recievers weren't helping with dropping passes, FUMBLES (some by him), it's just the Offense as a whole needs to be better well rounded.

As for the QB option i think a lot of the QBs will get in on the Spring Game, but the xferring probability is high. I think Lee will keep the job starting the season since he's a senior, depending on his ability this year will determine that. Cody will bring up the 2nd job once again just because they already burned his redshirt and he has Some experience under his belt. But potentially seeing some play-time by Spano/Washington/Carnes/etc. if the play calling by the coaches calls for their skill-sets, and whoever stays after starting positions are announced.

Word from a friend in the program says Green is getting a lot of attention from Watson, and rightly so. Green is apparently in Watsons back pocket. Even going to all of his workouts and keeping an extra close eye on him. We should expect to see good if not great things from him this season.

We should keep in mind how poor our offensive line was last year also. Obviously with an improved o-line we can expect many more positive things to develop in the backfield, at the line of scrimmage and downfield as well. That just wasn't there last year, for either of the QB's. I like what knapplc said as far as who cares what the name is on the jersey, as long as they are producing and not turning the ball over...I'm on board with that.

I really think that C Green has the best opportunity to take the starting position. He has real game experience even if he was still learning, and had a long ways to go. That experience can not be duplicated easily, and against the other younger QB's that is huge. Who knows if Lee can come back and lead this team the way it needs to be. If he can, so be it, but if he can't then yank him. I think we are sitting in good position. We have a lot of young QB's that are eager to play. I really wonder what will happen with Spano. I thought last season if he would have made a full recovery he would have pushed for some time. Everyone keeps talking about T Martinez. I have never seen him play besides high school videos, but I am excited about him none the less. He sounds like one hell of an athlete and I know 1620 talks him up a lot. I have to agree that it doesn't matter what the name is as long as they can play. That's the way it should be in any sport at any age.