How 2010 resembles 1994

I'm hoping this season will signify an overall balance on our team.

In 2008, had a Top 25 offense with an average defense. Sure, we had Suh and a lot of other good guys, but we finished (statistically) in the middle of the pack.

In 2009, we had a Top 10 defense with a below average offense. I'm hoping that in 2010, we will find the perfect combination of a shut down defense and a formidable offense.

And in both years we return an upperclassman quarterback from Bradenton, FL wearing the #15.

:sarcasm If that guarantees us a NC, I don't care if we recruit their water boy from now on...just slap a #15 jersey on him and let him sit on the bench.

Interesting concept...I love this thread already!

There are a lot of valid points sure, but as stated before it comes down to Offensive production, Defense is on the right track with BO/Carl's excellent physicality views but we need a physical OLine, a quick-thinking;play-making QB, keep with our excellent IB's and a play-making wide-out or 2 and we'll have a star team.

Maybe some trick plays, running the wildcat to switch things up a notch always could help ;)

When Bo Pelini took over the reigns I envisioned a "three year plan." I thought it was possible to turn the program around in three years. Now, that the third year has arrived, it would seem my belief was pretty realiztic and I am excited to see it play out. Go Big Red!