"self-executing rule" or a "deem and pass"

Holy crap for a minute there I could have sworn I was listening to Glen Beck himself!!! Someone should give you paranoid f'ers a show on FOXnews, but only if you have the ability to cry on command........ :facepalm:

Let's see.

Dribbling nonsense devoid of substance? Check.

Obligatory references to Fox News? Check.

Baseless ad hominem laced with profanity? Check.

Dreaded triple exclamation point (!!!) of doom? Check.

And all in two hopelessly ungrammatical sentences. Color me impressed.

Fixed. :)

• Fire 1

Holy crap for a minute there I could have sworn I was listening to Glen Beck himself!!! Someone should give you paranoid f'ers a show on FOXnews, but only if you have the ability to cry on command........ :facepalm:

Let's see.

Dreaded triple exclamation point (!!!) of doom? Check.

Fixed. :)

Unleash the fury, bro. Unleash the fury.

The simple nightmare of Obama's situation is this:

He had a supermajority in the Senate and sweeping majorities in the House. Whatever you democrats might be thinking, you may not––I repeat, not––blame the republicans for anything. The American people are to blame for this health care fiasco. They don't want this plan, and there is more evidence of this than that George Washington was our first president. What has happened under Obama is a level of corruption that's almost beyond belief. Witness, ladies and gentlemen, what happens when you give a political party anything even close to absolute power. They will do and say anything, change whatever rules, and buy, threaten, or silence the opposition in order to achieve their political ambitions. I can't believe there could be one person left in this country who sincerely believes that Barack Obama represents any kind of change, or God forbid, hope. He is now the figurehead of the swamp monster, oozing slime and corruption at every pore. He is synonymous with Washington––and worse, Chicago––politics.

Yet it's my personal belief that Obama is a symptom, not the disease. The disease is the endless reliance on government to solve human problems. Our system is not designed to do this unless the need is absolute. Our system is designed to prevent tyranny, though with the early emergence of parties in our politics, it comes back in the form of a 'tyranny of the majority.' Give one party enough power and suddenly you have 'deem and pass' legislation, or legislation by edict, taking place not for bills that have passed both houses of congress with a bi-partisan consensus, but highly controversial legislation that is at this point moving forward solely for the purpose of trying to salvage political careers, and directly against the will of the American people.

Lastly, on whether the dems are hurt more if the bill passes or stalls––my answer is in line with what Morris has to say. It really doesn't matter, but the reason isn't because of what's int he bill, but the process that's been used to get us to where we are. Bribes, payoffs, back room deals, threats, procedural gimmicks, etc.––all used for the largest public entitlement package in a generation, and one which could cripple our health care system and economy in the short term. This broad reform is unnecessary in the first place. Incremental solutions could ease the cost of care and allow us time to examine the impact. But since Obama is a cult messiah, thinking small is't his style. He needs to wave a wand, and the people need to wave good bye.

Holy crap for a minute there I could have sworn I was listening to Glen Beck himself!!! Someone should give you paranoid f'ers a show on FOXnews, but only if you have the ability to cry on command........ facepalm.gif

Remember huzkerbob, it's only paranoia if they aren't out to get you.

Deem and Pass is dead.

Dems ditch 'deem and pass'

By Roxana Tiron and Michael O'Brien - 03/20/10 02:17 PM ET

Top Democrats confirmed Saturday that the House would hold separate votes on the Senate healthcare bill and the reconciliation bill, making fixes to it.

Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), one of the chief deputy whips, Rep. Melvin Watt (D-N.C.), and Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.), all of whom said that Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) won't use the tactic of deem and pass for healthcare reform.

more.....

Let's see.

Your welcome.

irony.