Nesseth Struggled again in the close?

Paper said they score 3 runs off him and he had to be replaced. The guy has not had a good outing yet. If this continues Texas will pound him if he gets in the game.

No doubt, man. He simply hasn't done his job well at all. Should be "interesting" to see how they continue to use him...

If the coaches think he's the best we have at closer, I doubt they would have brought him in for the 7th inning against South Dakota State on a Tuesday game after using him sparingly the previous weekend against Houston Baptist. I believe Chase Adams will probably assume the role more often.

This.

He hasn't pitched a 9th inning in awhile. He came in in the 8th against Houston Baptist the other day, and only gave up a hit, so that wasn't a bad outing, moe. But he has struggled against every team he's pitched against that can actually hit the ball. However, the coaches obviously don't see him as a closer right now, and, while i understand the point of the thread questioning Nesseth, he isn't in the closing role, therefore no need to question his appearances. The kid has good stuff, and they are putting him in in situations where the game is not at risk, and not in the 9th inning. He's got to get game time somewhere.

Other staffs have done a good job shutting Texas down, even Iowa managed it for 3 of their 4 games against the horns (10 runs total through 3 games. Then 18 in game 4.) This despite the fact that Texas hasn't even left their home state all year, traveling as far away as Houston <_< I wish we had that sort of luxury, not to mention their weenie early schedule. But Texas has some good pitching, the likes of which NU has been impotent against since mid-2006, so we could lose all 3 games 1-0 :wacko: