Transfers

There was a press conferance and Quincy Hankins-Cole, Myles Holley, and Ray Gallegos announced they were leaving Nebraska. All three said they wanted to be closer to home and Holley also mentioned he wanted to see more playing time. Can't blame any of the three for leaving. I am happy Richardson and McCray are staying because I heard rumors about both leaving. Nice to hear only three leaving, could have been more.

i've been a huge doc fan/supporter/believer, and i expected transfers coming out of this season. however, now that it is official, i'm more pissed off than i thought i would be. i don't care what you say about gallegos and holley talent-wise, losing them hurts. those are two guys doc focused on recruiting and brought them in with the intention of developing them and fitting them into the program he's trying to build. he even said they've been two of the best players he's coached. these aren't two guys he wanted to lose. the last few years i've been able to convince myself they left cause doc didn't want them, that's simply not the case this year. i'm losing faith doc, please give me reason to believe again.

There was a press conferance and Quincy Hankins-Cole, Myles Holley, and Ray Gallegos announced they were leaving Nebraska. All three said they wanted to be closer to home and Holley also mentioned he wanted to see more playing time. Can't blame any of the three for leaving. I am happy Richardson and McCray are staying because I heard rumors about both leaving. Nice to hear only three leaving, could have been more.

The to be closer to home excuse is about as believable as the resigning to spend more time with my family excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't more transfers before it's all said and done.

Retention is the key to consistency and when you have to hold your breath every post season to see who is transferring out.....I think there's something really wrong with this picture.

I think there's trouble at a place where the press/general public knows when the deadline for players to make their transfer announcements is. I've never heard of a coach or a program that announces when they expect to hear from guys leaving. It sounds like Doc is saying, "I know your unhappy because it sucks playing here, just let me know by 5 p.m. Friday if you've had enough yet." I don't know what to think of the part where Doc said, "the fellas and I tried to convince them to stay." Just seems fishy that guys who are not making an impact or are not getting a lot of playing time are the guys who are "missing their families." :bonez