A picture for the ages

This bill will neither bankrupt the middle class NOR completely fix the problems with the current health care system. Political rhetoric only plays into the hands of the Democrats and Republicans, and turns the focus from the glaring deficiencies of both parties while allowing those deficiencies to continue to plague real Americans. While the punchline to this picture is funny, in reality it's just another part of the problem.

This bill will neither bankrupt the middle class NOR completely fix the problems with the current health care system. Political rhetoric only plays into the hands of the Democrats and Republicans, and turns the focus from the glaring deficiencies of both parties while allowing those deficiencies to continue to plague real Americans. While the punchline to this picture is funny, in reality it's just another part of the problem.

Honest question. Why would it be part of the problem?

Honest question. Why would it be part of the problem?

It's a distraction to the real problem, which is the fact that neither party represents you or cares what you think. Neither Republican nor Democrat really gives a hoot about you - you're a pawn in their never-ending struggle against each other. Both parties want the same things from you:

1) your vote

2) your money

3) your silence

Pretty much in that order. They're interested in staying in power and getting rich off that power. Maybe here and there in both parties you have people who truly care and who truly want to help you and me, but they're in short supply and they're becoming more and more rare as the days go by.

These jokes and gags at the expense of George Bush or Obama or Kerry or Clinton or Reagan or whomever just serve as distractions. That's the bottom line.

Really? Have you actually read the healthcare monstrosity? I have it in PDF form.

The word penalty comes up no less than 115 times in 2000 pages.

Robert Reich, former Clinton administration Secretary of Labor, tells the brutal truth about government run healthcare....

By the way, I'm only a registered Republican only out of necessity to vote in the primaries since there isn't a Nebraska conservative party, and the Libertarian party is a mess here. Otherwise, I declared a pox on both major party's houses since 2003.

I would be all for a Conservative/Libertarian party instead of the milquetoast John McCain/Lindsay Graham wing where sticking a finger in the wind has supplanted core principles.