From top to bottom

Before 2000 not to many people cared a whole lot about nebraska baseball. Then VanHorn comes and stimulizes the program. Thank him for that. I am a baseball lover and stated paying much attention to the program after the illinois-chicago thumping nebraska had 50 some runs in. We build a beautifull park, which we all love. Its a park that attracts young talent and fans alike. When there are good to great teams playing in the stadium it will be full all summer. Average over 8000 fans a game during weekend series'. Granted this year we have had a few injuries and last pitchers leaving for the draft. But there is no earthly reason why a top 20 perenial program goes down this fast. When you have a program that has the facilities we do and the fanbase we do as well as being so close to omaha this just shouldnt happen. Tom Osborne doesnt want to fire anyone but he may not have a choice after this season. the way it looks now we are going to be in the bottom 2 of the big 12. not appear in the big 12 tourny for a second year. The program is spirilling downward very quickly and before it gets to the point of no return something must be done! Lets start shopping for a new coach A.S.A.P. We need nebraska baseball to be just competetive again. The expectations have slumped to hoping we make it to the big 12 tourny?? cmon thats not good for anyone around lincoln.

They need a staff that can get more consistency out of the players. Some of the pitching is good while others really stink. What's most frustrating is that they will play really well (like the 10-0 game against OU) but they'll still drop 2 of 3. Or, they'll beat Texas and tie the series at 1-1 but still drop 2 of 3, some in embarrassing fashion.

The Creighton game was one of the most embarrassing. 6 runs scored against Nebraska before the second inning was even over..

Creighton was an embarrassment dedhoarse and I have had major concerns for a long while. You are right we have the fan base and the facilities. I also think we have some talent and granted we have had some injuried but the draft situation for two years a go should cease to be a reason for the decline. The fact is these teams do not compete and have not competed at a high level for a few years now! They just dont show up consistently! What happened to the hard nosed over achievers we used to get?

I will continue to watch and listen but its becoming increasingly difficult as it was under Sanders!