Definitions

So, after knapplc pointed out that he and I have many conflicting definitions and therefore could not possibly compromise on any arguments as it pertains to government, I thought it would be beneficial and insightful to have a thread that pertained strictly to political and/or religious definitions.

In the SOCAL's Razor thread I stated,

What is your definition of government?

What is your definition of voluntary?

What is your definition of monopoly?

What is your definition of coercive?

What is your definition of rights?

What is your definition of property?

What is your defintion of theft?

What is your defintion of violence?

And any definition you seek of me, shoot!!

I have yet to see an answer and thought that maybe others might want to chip in their two cents.

knapplc,

Do you care to appease us with your definitions? From the numerous posts and opinions you've shared in this section, you must have at least one? Or is topic derailment and the threat of merging threads your way of sweeping eye-opening issues, or conversation you disagree with, under the table?

Over/Under: Number of posts until this thread becomes so similar to other, pre-existing threads that it gets merged - 8

over, simply because there will be people like me just posting to say over or under...

No input on definitions Cacti?

I'll do it when I have enough time to get into detail with it...

What is your definition of government? Evil.

What is your definition of voluntary? Anything not associated with government.

What is your definition of monopoly? Government.

What is your definition of coercive? Government.

What is your definition of rights? The things government takes from us.

What is your definition of property? The other thing government takes from us.

What is your defintion of theft? How government funds itself.

What is your defintion of violence? Something that results only from government.

That's what you wanted to hear, right? :ahhhhhhhh

I think this thread could be extremely beneficial to aid in a coherent discussion. My definitions would probably be very similar to yours though SOCAL. I don't really want to take sides, but I suppose if I had to I'd say I'm more sympathetic to your side.

I think this thread could be extremely beneficial to aid in a coherent discussion. My definitions would probably be very similar to yours though SOCAL. I don't really want to take sides, but I suppose if I had to I'd say I'm more sympathetic to your side.

Thanks, I think it could also.

What is your definition of government? Evil.

What is your definition of voluntary? Anything not associated with government.

What is your definition of monopoly? Government.

What is your definition of coercive? Government.

What is your definition of rights? The things government takes from us.

What is your definition of property? The other thing government takes from us.

What is your defintion of theft? How government funds itself.

What is your defintion of violence? Something that results only from government.

That's what you wanted to hear, right? :ahhhhhhhh

Yeah, that's exactly what this is all about, what I want to hear!!

You care to add anything valuable to the conversation or are sarcastic and meaningless posts all that you strive for?

BTW, I don't think you've ever expressed your definition of government either. Care to enlighten us?

BTW, I don't think you've ever expressed your definition of government either. Care to enlighten us?

I'd go with the following: "the form or system of rule by which a state, community, etc., is governed"

So, it governs a territorial or geographical area? How does it govern? How does it derive consent? How is it funded?

I'd go with the following: "the form or system of rule by which a state, community, etc., is governed"

So, it governs a territorial or geographical area? How does it govern? How does it derive consent? How is it funded?

Well those are different questions aren't they? If I answer those will you ask more?

Over/Under: Number of posts until this thread becomes so similar to other, pre-existing threads that it gets merged - 8

over, simply because there will be people like me just posting to say over or under...

Well played, sir.

:clap Since i don't want to attempt to spew out anything i heard from a political science class I feel that a normal response to the definitions will be get me burned at the keyboard :sarcasm so I am going to sit back and :snacks: