SIGNED OLB David Santos

Nexus

• 1 month later...

If he commits on his visit that means that we have given up on getting Sarao. I wouldnt mind it. I love Sarao's game but I think Santos is a good prospect as well that will fit our system.

it is my impression that we lost interest in sarao when he camped here.

If he commits on his visit that means that we have given up on getting Sarao. I wouldnt mind it. I love Sarao's game but I think Santos is a good prospect as well that will fit our system.

I dont think we lost interest, but if his grades were good enough we was going to Stanford no question. If we let Santos commit then the coaches know something about Sarao.

Wrong from what I hear.

Supposedly if we could get him, we were done at LB. Sarao was #1 by far on their LB board. If his grades are good enough, he's at Stanford. If not, we were his backup. If we accept Santos, Sarao is admitted is the assumption as stated above.

I can't imagine them only taking one scholarship lb this year. They took one juco last year, two recruits in 09, but one has left the team, the other will be a sophomore this year. That leaves us without any scholarship freshman or redshirt freshman this year. I think we need to restock a little bit, get them in the system, even if we are going to more of a two backer set. Will the Peso be as effective in the Big10, or will we go back to more of a three backer look?

We will still use the Peso defense alot in the Big 10, there are some spread offenses. I could see us taking players like a harvey jackson and bulk them up, then move them down to a weak side linebacker. But we will still recruit true linebackers as well.

Wrong from what I hear.

Supposedly if we could get him, we were done at LB. Sarao was #1 by far on their LB board. If his grades are good enough, he's at Stanford. If not, we were his backup. If we accept Santos, Sarao is admitted is the assumption as stated above.

My understanding is we have moved on from Sarao due to percieved committment to Stanford, and his camp appearance, our #1 target is Keith Lewis at LB from what I know.

http://rivals.yahoo....th-Lewis-108628