CB Tevin Mitchel

Nexus

Free from Scout:

Tevin Mitchel hasn’t visited Nebraska.

He hasn’t even been in the state.

Not the likely scenario for the Huskers when it comes to getting someone this early, especially when that recruit has close to 20 offers, including Arizona, Arkansas, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, TCU and Virginia.

The last time we talked to him he said he was sure about two official visits he would take, Nebraska being one of them and Arkansas, located in his home state, being the other.

Not anymore.

Last night he pulled the trigger for the Huskers and the dynamic 6-0, 175 lbs. defensive player talked about what. “I sat down with my parents, and we thought it would be a good fit. They just have good people there,” he said.

The relationships Mitchel has built with his primary recruiter, running backs coach Tim Beck, along with head coach Bo Pelini and secondary coach Marvin Sanders, was the tipping point for him. “They are just good people. They are people you can trust, and I know they have a good program there,” he said.

You have to think that without visiting Nebraska even once before his decision, there might be some concern about his decision. There was certainly no small amount of surprise from coach Beck when Mitchel called him to let him know. “Yeah, he was surprised. But he was excited to have me,” he said. “He just asked me to sleep on it. But I didn’t really need to sleep on it. I knew where I wanted to go.”

Mitchel joins eight others of this class, including Jamal Turner, a player who Mitchel knows well and says approaches the game like he does. “He’s smooth. He’s a great player, but he don’t talk out there. He just does his business, a lot like me,” Mitchel said.

As to the inevitable question and the obviousness that schools simply don’t stop recruiting kids after they pull the trigger, Mitchel said that they can recruit him if they want. But it won’t do them a lot of good. “If they call or whatever, I’ll just tell them where I am going. Nebraska is where I want to be,” he said. “I’m a hundred percent solid. Recruiting is done for me. I am going to Nebraska.”

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

• Fire 3

when i logged on today not much going on...... just complaining about ESPN... go get my car washed and come back to find the rest of the 250 posted and see this BEAST ON THERE as a nebraska committ!!! i nearly shat out herbie husker toys!!!!

totally stoked!!! that offer list is EPIC and impressive... cant wait to see the back field we have lined up.... all our guys plus studs like CC from last year are going to be beastly

BECK is the new JP!!!!

though JP still kills it too!!!

:nanalama:corndance:ahhhhhhhh

I knew where on top of his list with Arkansas but thought he'd wait a while. I also got a little scared when OU offered....

:corndance :corndance :corndance

:yeah

I would agree. I knew it was going to be tough beating Arkansas because of his family connections within that state and then OU offers and figured we'd be out of the race since his old man went to OU......goes to show you that it doesn't matter if your family lives here or your dad, brother, cousin, etc went to this school it all comes down to whats best for yourself.

Free from Scout:

Tevin Mitchel hasn't visited Nebraska.

He hasn't even been in the state.

Not the likely scenario for the Huskers when it comes to getting someone this early, especially when that recruit has close to 20 offers, including Arizona, Arkansas, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, TCU and Virginia.

The last time we talked to him he said he was sure about two official visits he would take, Nebraska being one of them and Arkansas, located in his home state, being the other.

Not anymore.

Last night he pulled the trigger for the Huskers and the dynamic 6-0, 175 lbs. defensive player talked about what. "I sat down with my parents, and we thought it would be a good fit. They just have good people there," he said.

The relationships Mitchel has built with his primary recruiter, running backs coach Tim Beck, along with head coach Bo Pelini and secondary coach Marvin Sanders, was the tipping point for him. "They are just good people. They are people you can trust, and I know they have a good program there," he said.

You have to think that without visiting Nebraska even once before his decision, there might be some concern about his decision. There was certainly no small amount of surprise from coach Beck when Mitchel called him to let him know. "Yeah, he was surprised. But he was excited to have me," he said. "He just asked me to sleep on it. But I didn't really need to sleep on it. I knew where I wanted to go."

Mitchel joins eight others of this class, including Jamal Turner, a player who Mitchel knows well and says approaches the game like he does. "He's smooth. He's a great player, but he don't talk out there. He just does his business, a lot like me," Mitchel said.

As to the inevitable question and the obviousness that schools simply don't stop recruiting kids after they pull the trigger, Mitchel said that they can recruit him if they want. But it won't do them a lot of good. "If they call or whatever, I'll just tell them where I am going. Nebraska is where I want to be," he said. "I'm a hundred percent solid. Recruiting is done for me. I am going to Nebraska."

:clap +1

Gotta love the fact that Mitchel and Turner know each other.

Free from Scout:

Tevin Mitchel hasn’t visited Nebraska.

He hasn’t even been in the state.

Not anymore.

Last night he pulled the trigger for the Huskers and the dynamic 6-0, 175 lbs. defensive player talked about what. “I sat down with my parents, and we thought it would be a good fit. They just have good people there,” he said.

The relationships Mitchel has built with his primary recruiter, running backs coach Tim Beck, along with head coach Bo Pelini and secondary coach Marvin Sanders, was the tipping point for him. “They are just good people. They are people you can trust, and I know they have a good program there,” he said.

You have to think that without visiting Nebraska even once before his decision, there might be some concern about his decision. There was certainly no small amount of surprise from coach Beck when Mitchel called him to let him know. “Yeah, he was surprised. But he was excited to have me,” he said. “He just asked me to sleep on it. But I didn’t really need to sleep on it. I knew where I wanted to go.”

Mitchel joins eight others of this class, including Jamal Turner, a player who Mitchel knows well and says approaches the game like he does. “He’s smooth. He’s a great player, but he don’t talk out there. He just does his business, a lot like me,” Mitchel said.

As to the inevitable question and the obviousness that schools simply don’t stop recruiting kids after they pull the trigger, Mitchel said that they can recruit him if they want. But it won’t do them a lot of good. “If they call or whatever, I’ll just tell them where I am going. Nebraska is where I want to be,” he said. “I’m a hundred percent solid. Recruiting is done for me. I am going to Nebraska.”

wow dude i'm still tripping... i didn't even remember this kid...... but i loved the talk about jamal and recruits in texas and beyond recognizing the talent coming here and having it play apart in their own choice to come here..... just makes you smile and get super happy about whats going on here.......... the talk about JT gets me pumped up....... if somehow CG is a bust i dont think JT will be... just a feeling :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

FWIW, Mitchel is the 6th ranked CB, even though Rivals hasn't posted position rankings yet.

keeps getting better and better......

brah i've got the biggest recruiting boner today fooo sure......

:laughpound@ the bolded part.

WOW! Now that's a top corner...#6 rated by Rivals. This is a huge, huge get...

On the other hand, there was a 4-star (albeit lower rated) corner who committed really early last year, without visiting...each situation is different though, so there's no reason to believe history will repeat itself. It was the staff that cooled on Anterio Sloan too, anyway.

I'm surprised by this...SWEET. Guy had 18 offers! Texas isn't one of them though.