OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

Incorrect... I have repeatedly stated that this is a GOOD class without Peat. Not great, not amazing, good. It would have been an excellent one with him.

That said, "good" is not acceptable to me. If it's acceptable for everyone else, fine. But during the season, I don't want to hear all the griping and complaining about how these players can't match up, etc.

Judging by the three pictures in your sig "Good' seems to be acceptable for you.

BURN! :laughpound But how dare you call Bret the Hitman Heart 'good'.

Edit: I don't actually know who that is.

Brock Lesnar and he is a douche! Kinda like...oh nevermind

Never in my life did I think that there would be so many Husker fans who are content with mediocrity. Never in my life did I EVER think that I'd argue with another Husker fan. I hold Nebraska fans in the highest regard and this past week has really been an eye-opener, seeing other Husker fans who were so quick to jump on me and dog me whenever I voiced my opinion, as negative as it may have been. I want my team to strive to be the best, not just "decent" or "good." And I refuse to settle (as so many of you have apparently done) for less than that. If you don't like it, too f'ing bad.

would have been nice to get peat,. i had suspecion that he was not a nu recruit , and i was correct....

Can you speak up next time with your inside information so we don't have 25 pages of "guessing"? I'd appreciate that. We have 8-10 insiders or folks who have some "first-hand" info and not many got this one correct.

Major flaw, FLU:

You assume yourself and/or rivals/scout/espn know more about all the our recruits than Bo Pelini and his staff. The entire staff spends a ridiculous amount of time researching these kids and you watch (maybe) one 5 min clip on youtube.

We are never going to get ever kid at the top of our board. We have no instate talent pool and are forced to pull kids from across the country to a piece of flat, dry land in Nebraska. Nebraska works harder than any program in the country at recruiting.

Yet, we have 5 national championships. It took Tom Osborne 20 years of 9 wins seasons to win his first NC. Were you one of the many calling for his resignation? I'm bet you think he's a good coach now. Maybe you should have some patience.

I have no doubt we will be fighting for championships again. But I also know, it is ridiculously unrealistic to expect to do so every single year...unless the school is located in a talent rich state like Texas, Alabama, California, Florida, and even Louisiana.

• Fire 2

MMA fighting. Unless you are referring to something else as his reason for being a 'douche.'

Im a big MMA fan actually. Brock Lesnar was a douche in WWE and he "was" a douche in MMA. So glad I won't have to listen to him ever again. But Im not gonna get into that here.

I blame God for making Andrus a smart kid. If he wasn't smart, he would have never been accepted to Stanford. Congrats to him!

Can we get rid of the panicky crap on this page? Good God, we signed a respectable class that fills a HUGE void at LB in the future, as well as getting a really good WR prospect in JW, an equally promising QB recruit in Armstrong, and a couple of JUCO guys that should be able to step in and fill roles from day 1. Let's have this day be a celebration, not a b#tchfest

• Fire 2
  • Mavric unlocked this topic

Just as an anecdotal example of how tough it is to recruit elite offensive tackles....

Peat was a five-star per the 247 Composite.  #4 OT in the country.  He left after his junior year at Stanford for the NFL.  He was selected with the #13 pick overall in the NFL Draft.

He still ended up as a guard in the NFL.  

I noticed him because he just got flagged for a killer holding penalty - call a long TD back.