Anyone happen to flip past Ernie Chambers talking last night about Suh?

But make no mistake, Ernie is NOT and idiot. He is a very intelligent man, and more importantly, a hate-filled, pathetic racist. It's too bad that he never used his intellect to actually help the people that he supposedly represents.

The fact that Ernie is very intelligent is probably the biggest knock against him. He has the ability to have made real progress and real change in this state, but he squandered it all in favor of holding court in a bully pulpit, and in the end accomplished very little for all the time he spent in office.

I couldn't agree with you more. Instead of doing something worthwhile, he proceeded to get into every name calling match and pissing match that he could. The only thing worthwhile that he did was block the use of red light cameras. Other than that, hating whitey was his greatest accomplishment.

there's something to be said for that.

Please elaborate.......

i really can't, i was being sarcastic. but it is impressive he was able to remain somewhat relevant in a predominantly white state when most perceive him as only being a racist. he could have just been dismissed and forgotten. i mean, he is only on public access television (name any other person/program on public access), yet everyone in the state knows who he is.

What I want to know, is why I find it almost admirable when I see racism from people that are a "minority" but feel like putting a brick through my TV when I see white supremicists' on shows like Jerry Springer?

That's a curious response. Racism is racism, no matter who the racist or who the victim.

i just want to point out that just admitting there are racial inequalities or differences of races or so forth does not mean a person is a racists. i think it is hard to speak honestly about race without being pegged a racist.

disclaimer: this is just an observation, not an attack or defense of chambers or any other poster.

What I want to know, is why I find it almost admirable when I see racism from people that are a "minority" but feel like putting a brick through my TV when I see white supremicists' on shows like Jerry Springer?

That's a curious response. Racism is racism, no matter who the racist or who the victim.

i just want to point out that just admitting there are racial inequalities or differences of races or so forth does not mean a person is a racists. i think it is hard to speak honestly about race without being pegged a racist.

disclaimer: this is just an observation, not an attack or defense of chambers or any other poster.

Good points...

But using that perception as an extortion device or as a PC hammer to bludgeon genuine intellectual disagreement over policy as a means to censorship should not be tolerated. Too often it is excused as it's just (insert name here.)

Good points...

But using that perception as an extortion device or as a PC hammer to bludgeon genuine intellectual disagreement over policy as a means to censorship should not be tolerated. Too often it is excused as it's just (insert name here.)

agreed, there is definitely a fine line. also, i get annoyed when someone clearly says something racists, and then someone calls them a racists, and they are the bad guys for calling the person a racists, when they should be evaluating why that person called that other person a racist (sorry, stream of thought). basically, it is worse to call someone a racist than actually say racist thoughts. people need to objectively judge statements, and allow the stator to explain their positions. the whole subject can be so taboo that it just squelches dialogue.

I was thinking about this on the drive into work this AM (not sure why...?). I was wondering if you didn't mean this in a "rooting for the underdog" kind of way?

I was thinking about this on the drive into work this AM (not sure why...?). I was wondering if you didn't mean this in a "rooting for the underdog" kind of way?

Me too..(Thinking about this more than needed?)

But only a small portion is about the underdog thing.

I'm pretty sure I'd be much less sympathetic toward Ernie if I had a better tan.

Maybe it's just the "race traitor" in me? But maybe it's got something to do with some form of shame from past ansistors?

I also think it might be cooler to "root for the other side" as a step toward bringing us all together.

I doubt there's ever one single answer as to why things affect us differently.

Just remember, "Don't trust Whitey, and See a Dr. and get it taken care of, Naven".