New Football Game (new physics engine)

I've been following this game for over three years now, seriously. It's been in the works sooo long, a lot of people thought it got scrapped. It's looking to shake up the playing field more than I ever thought it could, though. I'm excited for it.

I've been following it pretty closely myself. The only I don't personally like are the camera angles.

I'm sure they'll have some options to modify the camera angle. I wonder if those angles are just for presentation purposes (for the pre-release vids, etc.)

That is something I haven't thought of, though my initial impressions tell me that those will be in-game camera angles. The only reason I say this is because with a game like NCAA football 2011, real gameplay videos (not commercials or pump-ups) don't usually show everything from the "T.V." view point. They show things from the behind the quarterback look. This game showed that the camera angle changes when on offense or defense.

If we can get the traditional look, I might buy the game. But, if it sticks with the current camera angles, it's probably a rent-able fiasco for me. Just my opinion, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is now a demo out for this game on the Xbox Live Game Marketplace. I'll be back later with my impressions. If anyone else has had a chance to play it, what are your thoughts?

Just now got around to playing it. Here's what I think.

The game design itself seems really good. Everything looks and feels natural, and is far superior to anything EA has put out recently.

That said, the camera angles make the game near impossible to bear for me. You can barely see where defenders are coming from, you can't turn your head to find your targets, and the controls themselves aren't user-friendly imho.

I could only stand about 5 minutes of an actual game before I just went ahead and deleted it from my console. The game is basically football with fantasy teams, but it doesn't have any real draw for me. The fact that they play Boom by P.O.D. before every kick off gets old quickly as well.

Overall, not impressed. The football physics with the way players interact with each other is great, but everything else just plan sucks imho.