Two Big-12 Series Remaining

From the silver lining department...

This weekend, we head to Columbia to beat Mizzou. A sweep will probably take us out of the cellar entirely. Follow that up with a zeries win against visiting Texas Tech, and we start our second season on a hot streak. We're 10-7 in the last month-and-a-half at home, and Texas Tech usually gives up a massive, lopsided loss as their first game. All we need to do is not gift-wrap at least one of the other two. And a win against Creighton in Omaha would make our conference tournament wins look even better.

that'd be nice, real nice.... but i won't hold my breath.

What would be nice? Beating two teams that are both fighting to avoid the cellar-dweller position shouldn't mean a thing to this team or its fans. Of course we want to win, but it's too little, too late in my opinion. We shouldn't and likely won't make the tournament.

Osborne "never had a doubt" that Anderson is, should, and will be our coach. That's all I, and we, should need to know.

I don't pretend to be a seer, but T.O. will regret his "decision" to retain M.A..

P.S., I had seats, 5 rows up, right behind home plate for last weekend's Saturday & Sunday games. Price? Free. FREE!! Free tickets from season ticket holders that didn't want them - and they haven't wanted....all....season....

Here it is, top of the 9th during Sunday's Game 3 against Mizzou, bases loaded up with Huskers, down 6-4. A base-hit could tie the game here. The tension is pretty thick at this point. Mizzou's been capable of giving games away all season long - last weekend, they did it time after time to Kansas. All the Huskers need is a hit, extend this inning for a few more runs and Mizzou will fold up.

FOURTH hit-batter in the top of the 9th! Nebraska now only trails 6-5, top of the 9th, 2 outs and bases loaded. C'mon, bats... or a wild pitch, or another HBP.

SWING AND A MISS! GAME OVER, Mizzou, the 'other worst-team' in the conference for the last several weeks, sweeps Nebraska. Ugh. The Huskers have played their way into sole ownership of the cellar, and by a hefty margin now.

FOURTH hit-batter in the top of the 9th! Nebraska now only trails 6-5, top of the 9th, 2 outs and bases loaded. C'mon, bats... or a wild pitch, or another HBP.

SWING AND A MISS! GAME OVER, Mizzou, the 'other worst-team' in the conference for the last several weeks, sweeps Nebraska. Ugh. The Huskers have played their way into sole ownership of the cellar, and by a hefty margin now.

Swept by the other worst team in the Big 12.

Osborne says, "Move along, nothing to see here...."nothing%20to%20see%20here.jpg

With Texas Tech having their best reliever suspended (after serving up a grand-slam HR, he hits that batter the next rotation and is tossed; never quite understood that - he serves up a beachball and he blames the HITTER for crankin' it outta the park?!!), there's a great chance for the Huskers to sweep this series here in Lincoln. I'm not sure the Huskers even need to bring bats to the plate to roll up the RBIs against the Tech 'pitching' staff.

At least we're not the worst team in the conference now! One more win, and we've cemented 9th Place. Coaches named Anderson, however, are not faring well in the Big 12.

Glad my 1-3 expectation was avoided. Of course Nebraska has still lost something like 45 of their last 60 conference games, which is totally unacceptable and gets just about any coach anywhere else fired. . .

It got doc fired, right?

Not yet, but he's not in his 8th year as a head coach, either, nor was he handed a top 10 quality team. If Doc fails again this year, I won't be broken up if he gets canned.

Glad my 1-3 expectation was avoided. Of course Nebraska has still lost something like 45 of their last 60 conference games, which is totally unacceptable and gets just about any coach anywhere else fired. . .

It got doc fired, right?

Not yet, but he's not in his 8th year as a head coach, either, nor was he handed a top 10 quality team. If Doc fails again this year, I won't be broken up if he gets canned.

Nor did he make the Elite 8 in 2005, or win the programs 1st game ever there.