The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

On a big Mario kick lately. Just did a full 120-star run of SM64, pretty easy. Working on Galaxy 2 since I never finished it. Then I'll probably go back to Sunshine.

Thinking about getting a WiiU just so I can play DKC Tropical Freeze. DKCR is one of my favorite games ever, just sheer platforming perfection.

Thought about getting one too...but then I hear the rumors and see Nintendo's fiscal forecast, and I can't help but think there's another price drop just over the horizon.

Thought about getting one too...but then I hear the rumors and see Nintendo's fiscal forecast, and I can't help but think there's another price drop just over the horizon.

Yeah I'm not sure what to do. On one hand I agree with you, but on the other hand I look at DK and Mario Kart and Smash Bros coming out within the next few months (or year, in Smash's case) and wonder if they aren't going to try to stick it out at the current price point. After all, you can get the deluxe bundle with a Mario U or Wind Waker for $300 which is already decent. Who knows.

Yeah I'm not sure what to do. On one hand I agree with you, but on the other hand I look at DK and Mario Kart and Smash Bros coming out within the next few months (or year, in Smash's case) and wonder if they aren't going to try to stick it out at the current price point. After all, you can get the deluxe bundle with a Mario U or Wind Waker for $300 which is already decent. Who knows.

Thats to say they dont just exit the console market all together. The first 8 weeks of sales for the PS4 and XB1 are already almost to the lifetime sales of the Wii U. AAA third party titles are few and far between, and many of the devs and publishers have outright mocked them in the press, in relation to their policies, and the hardware in general. Its possible they do a Sega and go software only, but more likely they end up handhold only and live off the 3DS and 2DS. So unless the desire for those couple gamesa re just eating you up, you should be able to get it much cheaper in the not too distant future.

Adding another blow to the console, UBISoft is killing Watch Dogs for the Wii U.

One of EA's top guys laughed when asked in the next Mass Effect or Dragon Age titles would go to the Wii U, then said that the system couldn't handle the Frostbite 2 engine, and it had no hope of running the Frostbite 3 that many EA games are being built on.

They need to give up on consoles, they have not had one that sold well after the Super Nintendo. They build them to make a profit on the hardware at launch, and Sony and MS take losses on hardware to get the install base. The year or so old Wii U has hardware that is at best equal to the PS3 and 360.

they have not had one that sold well after the Super Nintendo.

well, Wii was overwhelmingly the top selling console last generation

also, Wii U was/is sold at a loss. So they're losing money hoping to build a user base on a console, but it's not selling at all. How's that for pathetic, lol

Since Christmas I have finally finished Asspirates, and knocked out Tim Schafer's Broken Age (with the wife). My single Player backlog is still ridiculous due to playing MP with my buddies 3-4 times a week. I'm down to :

Bioshock infinite

Company of Heroes 2 (PC)

FC3: Blood Dragon (PC)

Dark Souls (PC)

COD Ghosts (PS4) Don't really wanna play it, SP will suck