The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Don't laugh... Pokemon Omega Ruby. My girlfriend dropped over $200 on that and a 3DS XL for my birthday present, so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm not going to lie, it's actually more addictive than I was expecting.

Hopefully nobody would laugh at that.

All of those games are pretty legit. I still bust out my old ones for my Game Boy Color and play them every now and again. Such a unique idea for a game at the time, and they've held up well as the series moved forward.

Even most of the spin off games are alright. My buddies and I still get a kick out of the minigames on Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2.

I really like the concept, and as someone who grew up playing the Dragon Warrior series and was a big fan of Dragon Warrior Monsters, it's nice to have a modern game similar to that.

Don't laugh... Pokemon Omega Ruby. My girlfriend dropped over $200 on that and a 3DS XL for my birthday present, so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm not going to lie, it's actually more addictive than I was expecting.

Hopefully nobody would laugh at that.

All of those games are pretty legit. I still bust out my old ones for my Game Boy Color and play them every now and again. Such a unique idea for a game at the time, and they've held up well as the series moved forward.

Even most of the spin off games are alright. My buddies and I still get a kick out of the minigames on Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2.

I really like the concept, and as someone who grew up playing the Dragon Warrior series and was a big fan of Dragon Warrior Monsters, it's nice to have a modern game similar to that.

I kind of stopped paying attention about the time the GBA iterations came out, so I've never had the opportunity to play any of the newer ones.

I should probably give them a shot at some point.

Sunk about 20 hours into The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. That game is a dead sexy combination of gameplay, story, and graphics (even with just a 2GB graphics card on the PC).

My coworker has been catching up on the Witcher series, I've heard good things about it from him. I should get back into PC gaming more, seeing as that's what I actually built my computer for in the first place...

I logged into my old Runescape account today, that is all.

All those of us guilty of doing this in the last year, say aye.

Aye.

Sunk about 20 hours into The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. That game is a dead sexy combination of gameplay, story, and graphics (even with just a 2GB graphics card on the PC).

My coworker has been catching up on the Witcher series, I've heard good things about it from him. I should get back into PC gaming more, seeing as that's what I actually built my computer for in the first place...

You should. Witcher 3 is a great excuse to. Plus, it has full XBox 360/XB1 controller support, if you'd rather play that way.

Seriously, though--Witcher 3...barring some unforseen Zelda or Metroidvania title from Nintendo or Halo 5 being some glorious revival of the FPS genre...Witcher 3 is game of the year, hands down. Haven't had this much fun in a sandbox since San Andreas.

You should. Witcher 3 is a great excuse to. Plus, it has full XBox 360/XB1 controller support, if you'd rather play that way.

Seriously, though--Witcher 3...barring some unforseen Zelda or Metroidvania title from Nintendo or Halo 5 being some glorious revival of the FPS genre...Witcher 3 is game of the year, hands down. Haven't had this much fun in a sandbox since San Andreas.

I want to get this so bad but I'm have a hard time justifying the $60, and I'm afraid it may not have a steam sale until x-mas rolls around.

I want to get this so bad but I'm have a hard time justifying the $60, and I'm afraid it may not have a steam sale until x-mas rolls around.

GOG.com has it on sale for $53 today on their site, and if you prepurchase the DLC pack, you get Witcher 1 and 2 for free. Plus, you get the game DRM-free... :)

Anyone else have WiiU?

Mario Kart 8 is quite a game if you are a fan of that franchise.

Recently downloaded and unlocked the 200cc. To say its fast is an understatement. You will actually need to use the brakes or will spend most of your time bouncing off the wall or "going in the drink" as my 10 year old says.

• Fire 1

This, like some of the other big RPGs, I'm holding off on til the major DLCs drop. CDPR has a couple of major DLCs in the works, but they are a ways off yet.

Anyone else have WiiU?

Mario Kart 8 is quite a game if you are a fan of that franchise.

Recently downloaded and unlocked the 200cc. To say its fast is an understatement. You will actually need to use the brakes or will spend most of your time bouncing off the wall or "going in the drink" as my 10 year old says.

Yup, blew me away. Very tough and unforgiving.

BTW, Witcher 3 is $42 this week at Target for the XB1 and PS4 consoles.