The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

I play it on PC and ended up getting the $53 offer on GOG.

I'm having a lot of fun with it but it's definitely not what I expected. I'll admit I never played the first two, just read up on their back stories. It's maddeningly addicting though. I mean, personally, I'm not a huge fan of constantly greasing up your blade with oils to provide combat benefits, but I enjoy the crafting and scrounging aspects.

Oh, and it's absolutely beautiful on my PC.

• Fire 1

The Steam Summer Sale. The deals are REAL! Spending too much. Who else is stocking up, and what'd you get?

Spent about an hour on the Stanley Parable tonight. Very interesting first person exploration game with multiple endings. Very trippy stuff... It's kind of a take on the nature of life and our existences.

Also, been playing a lot of Payday 2 with the roommate. The coop is excellent.

• Fire 1

The Steam Summer Sale. The deals are REAL! Spending too much. Who else is stocking up, and what'd you get?

Spent about an hour on the Stanley Parable tonight. Very interesting first person exploration game with multiple endings. Very trippy stuff... It's kind of a take on the nature of life and our existences.

Bit on Borderlands PreSequel for myself and my BFAM back home in Nebraska, also picked up Pillars of Eternity for $30, which is supposedly the second renaissance of top-down RPG s(read: Baldur's Gate/BioWare) on the PC.

Otherwise, not a whole lot. Was going to bite on Project CARS, but I read there are too many bugs right now for it to be worthwhile.

And Payday 2? Hmmm...may have to fire that up again. Had a couple of people I played with on Steam. I wasn't very good at it, though, other than shooting and hauling.

• 2 weeks later...

Arkaham Knight

Like it so far. It feels like you drive the bat mobile a little to much but you can just leave it somewhere glide around and call it to you location.

It came down to getting Witcher 3 or waiting for this to come out. Apparently, it's a good thing I got Witcher 3, because the PC version of Arkham Knight got pulled days after its release. :mellow:

I still want to get it, eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Der Witcha is so damn good, and I'm only about 15 hours in.

Oy, it be dead sexy, don'tchaknow. I beat it after 120 hours sunk into it, and I'm going through it again on the hardest setting.

Can't wait for the 1.07 update to fix the inventory issues, introduce storage lockers, and fix skyhorse issues, among other things. The post-release support for this game has been stellar, to say the least.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I feel like I should update my previous comments and admit that TW3 is by far the best game I played in 2015, and it may be the best game I've played in the last 2-3 years.

I'm really interested in getting Doom (probably on PC). But, I'm also about to wrap up Dark Souls and then I'm debating about whether I should play Doom or Dark Souls 3. I've heard great things about Doom, but I've also heard the story line is short and the multiplayer underwhelming. Dark Souls 3 I know will easily consume a lot of time and be worth the $60 - I'm not so sure Doom would be.

I feel like I should update my previous comments and admit that TW3 is by far the best game I played in 2015, and it may be the best game I've played in the last 2-3 years.

I'm really interested in getting Doom (probably on PC). But, I'm also about to wrap up Dark Souls and then I'm debating about whether I should play Doom or Dark Souls 3. I've heard great things about Doom, but I've also heard the story line is short and the multiplayer underwhelming. Dark Souls 3 I know will easily consume a lot of time and be worth the $60 - I'm not so sure Doom would be.

I shelved TW3 in August, and haven't really touched it since then. However, I did recently blow through DOOM, and it's fantastic, especially if you like old school PC shooters. Trust me, play it on PC at the Ultra-Violence difficulty level, and it's so damn fun. You're probably looking at a 12-14 hour campaign, and there's plenty of sites that have it under $60 too.

And with that said, I'm going to try to start TW3 again this week.

I shelved TW3 in August, and haven't really touched it since then. However, I did recently blow through DOOM, and it's fantastic, especially if you like old school PC shooters. Trust me, play it on PC at the Ultra-Violence difficulty level, and it's so damn fun. You're probably looking at a 12-14 hour campaign, and there's plenty of sites that have it under $60 too.

And with that said, I'm going to try to start TW3 again this week.

You should. The inventory system improvements, the Blood and Wine expansion...they're all well done. Hell, they even added a Gwent book to help you locate all the cards if you're an achievement hunter.

• 4 weeks later...

I went nuts and blew $10 on the GTA Trilogy (III, Vice and San Andreas) and Sonic Spinball, because I was in a fairly retro mood and the GTA games I had never played all the way through. I'll probably look into newer games next week.

THIS. DAMN. STEAM. SALE.

Bought Doom. $35. Plan on buying more games soon.

MWcxIMA.gif

All I bought was the Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie trilogy (4 pack for $27) to play with friends. Trying to not add to the backlog.

I've only purchased Doom so far (tough to pass up $35). There are a ton of other little things I want to buy but I am trying to avoid spending the money. The Civ V deal is pretty incredible right now (it's like a combo pack worth $129 for $12) but I know I'll never play it - never been into Civ games much.