AndyDufresne

The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Hammerhead    548

Don't laugh... Pokemon Omega Ruby. My girlfriend dropped over $200 on that and a 3DS XL for my birthday present, so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm not going to lie, it's actually more addictive than I was expecting.

VectorVictor    1,830

Most Star Wars games are pretty legit, eh Saunders?

Not familiar with that one, but I did miss the KOTOR games in a Humble Bundle not too long ago and have been kicking myself. Always wanted to try those games. But even beyond that... still love old Battlefront games for local multiplayer with the buddies. New one looks pretty sick. And I used to love Galactic Battlegrounds on PC back in the day. Anybody ever played that? It's is basically AoE with Star Wars units?

Roommate and I played thru Gears coop. Looking forward to 2 and 3 now.

Watch GOG.com--they'll put them on sale a few times a year, and they sell their games DRM-free. I believe they also have Galactic Battlegrounds and all of the other Star Wars titles (e.g. X-Wing, Rogue Squadron, Dark Forces) on their site as well.

That, or if you have a 360, get both 1 and 2 for the original XBox from a used game store--they're both backwards compatible.

dudeguyy    3,314

Don't laugh... Pokemon Omega Ruby. My girlfriend dropped over $200 on that and a 3DS XL for my birthday present, so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm not going to lie, it's actually more addictive than I was expecting.

Hopefully nobody would laugh at that.

All of those games are pretty legit. I still bust out my old ones for my Game Boy Color and play them every now and again. Such a unique idea for a game at the time, and they've held up well as the series moved forward.

Even most of the spin off games are alright. My buddies and I still get a kick out of the minigames on Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2.

Hammerhead    548

All of those games are pretty legit. I still bust out my old ones for my Game Boy Color and play them every now and again. Such a unique idea for a game at the time, and they've held up well as the series moved forward.

Even most of the spin off games are alright. My buddies and I still get a kick out of the minigames on Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2.

I really like the concept, and as someone who grew up playing the Dragon Warrior series and was a big fan of Dragon Warrior Monsters, it's nice to have a modern game similar to that.

dudeguyy    3,314

I really like the concept, and as someone who grew up playing the Dragon Warrior series and was a big fan of Dragon Warrior Monsters, it's nice to have a modern game similar to that.

I kind of stopped paying attention about the time the GBA iterations came out, so I've never had the opportunity to play any of the newer ones.

I should probably give them a shot at some point.

VectorVictor    1,830

Sunk about 20 hours into The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. That game is a dead sexy combination of gameplay, story, and graphics (even with just a 2GB graphics card on the PC).

Hammerhead    548

Sunk about 20 hours into The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. That game is a dead sexy combination of gameplay, story, and graphics (even with just a 2GB graphics card on the PC).

My coworker has been catching up on the Witcher series, I've heard good things about it from him. I should get back into PC gaming more, seeing as that's what I actually built my computer for in the first place...

dudeguyy    3,314

I've been wasting way too much time on TF2 lately. There's so many other games I should be playing, but it's addicting...

dudeguyy    3,314

I logged into my old Runescape account today, that is all.

All those of us guilty of doing this in the last year, say aye.

Aye.

VectorVictor    1,830

My coworker has been catching up on the Witcher series, I've heard good things about it from him. I should get back into PC gaming more, seeing as that's what I actually built my computer for in the first place...

You should. Witcher 3 is a great excuse to. Plus, it has full XBox 360/XB1 controller support, if you'd rather play that way.

Seriously, though--Witcher 3...barring some unforseen Zelda or Metroidvania title from Nintendo or Halo 5 being some glorious revival of the FPS genre...Witcher 3 is game of the year, hands down. Haven't had this much fun in a sandbox since San Andreas.

Enhance    3,349

You should. Witcher 3 is a great excuse to. Plus, it has full XBox 360/XB1 controller support, if you'd rather play that way.

Seriously, though--Witcher 3...barring some unforseen Zelda or Metroidvania title from Nintendo or Halo 5 being some glorious revival of the FPS genre...Witcher 3 is game of the year, hands down. Haven't had this much fun in a sandbox since San Andreas.

I want to get this so bad but I'm have a hard time justifying the $60, and I'm afraid it may not have a steam sale until x-mas rolls around.

VectorVictor    1,830

I want to get this so bad but I'm have a hard time justifying the $60, and I'm afraid it may not have a steam sale until x-mas rolls around.

GOG.com has it on sale for $53 today on their site, and if you prepurchase the DLC pack, you get Witcher 1 and 2 for free. Plus, you get the game DRM-free... :)

SCode    20

Anyone else have WiiU?

Mario Kart 8 is quite a game if you are a fan of that franchise.

Recently downloaded and unlocked the 200cc. To say its fast is an understatement. You will actually need to use the brakes or will spend most of your time bouncing off the wall or "going in the drink" as my 10 year old says.

strigori    687

This, like some of the other big RPGs, I'm holding off on til the major DLCs drop. CDPR has a couple of major DLCs in the works, but they are a ways off yet.

VectorVictor    1,830

Anyone else have WiiU?

Mario Kart 8 is quite a game if you are a fan of that franchise.

Recently downloaded and unlocked the 200cc. To say its fast is an understatement. You will actually need to use the brakes or will spend most of your time bouncing off the wall or "going in the drink" as my 10 year old says.

Yup, blew me away. Very tough and unforgiving.

VectorVictor    1,830

BTW, Witcher 3 is $42 this week at Target for the XB1 and PS4 consoles.

Enhance    3,349

I play it on PC and ended up getting the $53 offer on GOG.

I'm having a lot of fun with it but it's definitely not what I expected. I'll admit I never played the first two, just read up on their back stories. It's maddeningly addicting though. I mean, personally, I'm not a huge fan of constantly greasing up your blade with oils to provide combat benefits, but I enjoy the crafting and scrounging aspects.

Oh, and it's absolutely beautiful on my PC.

dudeguyy    3,314

The Steam Summer Sale. The deals are REAL! Spending too much. Who else is stocking up, and what'd you get?

Spent about an hour on the Stanley Parable tonight. Very interesting first person exploration game with multiple endings. Very trippy stuff... It's kind of a take on the nature of life and our existences.

Also, been playing a lot of Payday 2 with the roommate. The coop is excellent.

VectorVictor    1,830

The Steam Summer Sale. The deals are REAL! Spending too much. Who else is stocking up, and what'd you get?

Spent about an hour on the Stanley Parable tonight. Very interesting first person exploration game with multiple endings. Very trippy stuff... It's kind of a take on the nature of life and our existences.

Bit on Borderlands PreSequel for myself and my BFAM back home in Nebraska, also picked up Pillars of Eternity for $30, which is supposedly the second renaissance of top-down RPG s(read: Baldur's Gate/BioWare) on the PC.

Otherwise, not a whole lot. Was going to bite on Project CARS, but I read there are too many bugs right now for it to be worthwhile.

And Payday 2? Hmmm...may have to fire that up again. Had a couple of people I played with on Steam. I wasn't very good at it, though, other than shooting and hauling.

hskerholic    113

Arkaham Knight

Like it so far. It feels like you drive the bat mobile a little to much but you can just leave it somewhere glide around and call it to you location.

Enhance    3,349

Arkaham Knight

Like it so far. It feels like you drive the bat mobile a little to much but you can just leave it somewhere glide around and call it to you location.

It came down to getting Witcher 3 or waiting for this to come out. Apparently, it's a good thing I got Witcher 3, because the PC version of Arkham Knight got pulled days after its release. :mellow:

I still want to get it, eventually.

VectorVictor    1,830

Der Witcha is so damn good, and I'm only about 15 hours in.

Oy, it be dead sexy, don'tchaknow. I beat it after 120 hours sunk into it, and I'm going through it again on the hardest setting.

Can't wait for the 1.07 update to fix the inventory issues, introduce storage lockers, and fix skyhorse issues, among other things. The post-release support for this game has been stellar, to say the least.

Enhance    3,349

I feel like I should update my previous comments and admit that TW3 is by far the best game I played in 2015, and it may be the best game I've played in the last 2-3 years.

I'm really interested in getting Doom (probably on PC). But, I'm also about to wrap up Dark Souls and then I'm debating about whether I should play Doom or Dark Souls 3. I've heard great things about Doom, but I've also heard the story line is short and the multiplayer underwhelming. Dark Souls 3 I know will easily consume a lot of time and be worth the $60 - I'm not so sure Doom would be.

Saunders    6,144

I feel like I should update my previous comments and admit that TW3 is by far the best game I played in 2015, and it may be the best game I've played in the last 2-3 years.

I'm really interested in getting Doom (probably on PC). But, I'm also about to wrap up Dark Souls and then I'm debating about whether I should play Doom or Dark Souls 3. I've heard great things about Doom, but I've also heard the story line is short and the multiplayer underwhelming. Dark Souls 3 I know will easily consume a lot of time and be worth the $60 - I'm not so sure Doom would be.

I shelved TW3 in August, and haven't really touched it since then. However, I did recently blow through DOOM, and it's fantastic, especially if you like old school PC shooters. Trust me, play it on PC at the Ultra-Violence difficulty level, and it's so damn fun. You're probably looking at a 12-14 hour campaign, and there's plenty of sites that have it under $60 too.

And with that said, I'm going to try to start TW3 again this week.

VectorVictor    1,830

I shelved TW3 in August, and haven't really touched it since then. However, I did recently blow through DOOM, and it's fantastic, especially if you like old school PC shooters. Trust me, play it on PC at the Ultra-Violence difficulty level, and it's so damn fun. You're probably looking at a 12-14 hour campaign, and there's plenty of sites that have it under $60 too.

And with that said, I'm going to try to start TW3 again this week.

You should. The inventory system improvements, the Blood and Wine expansion...they're all well done. Hell, they even added a Gwent book to help you locate all the cards if you're an achievement hunter.

I went nuts and blew $10 on the GTA Trilogy (III, Vice and San Andreas) and Sonic Spinball, because I was in a fairly retro mood and the GTA games I had never played all the way through. I'll probably look into newer games next week.

Saunders    6,144

THIS. DAMN. STEAM. SALE.

Bought Doom. $35. Plan on buying more games soon.

MWcxIMA.gif

All I bought was the Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie trilogy (4 pack for $27) to play with friends. Trying to not add to the backlog.

Enhance    3,349

THIS. DAMN. STEAM. SALE.

Bought Doom. $35. Plan on buying more games soon.

MWcxIMA.gif

All I bought was the Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie trilogy (4 pack for $27) to play with friends. Trying to not add to the backlog.

I've only purchased Doom so far (tough to pass up $35). There are a ton of other little things I want to buy but I am trying to avoid spending the money. The Civ V deal is pretty incredible right now (it's like a combo pack worth $129 for $12) but I know I'll never play it - never been into Civ games much.

Enhance    3,349

Been playing a lot of Battlefield 1 the last couple of months, but just downloaded Assassin's Creed 2 to play again. I forgot how it is such a good game.

Also looking forward to Battlefront 2's release next week.

VectorVictor    1,830

I'm so in the weeds with my Switch and Xbox One X, that I'm going to double-dip on Doom and Skyrim so I have them portable now, and getting Forza 7 and Assassin's Creed: Origins. 

Even on my 1080p set, the XBO:X is amazing. Well worth the scratch. 

RedDenver    1,580
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Stardew Valley has been eating all my free time lately. 

That looks like a good game. I'll probably get it for Christmas.

Cdog923    1,064
Just now, RedDenver said:

That looks like a good game. I'll probably get it for Christmas.

Just in time for the online multiplayer update that's supposedly coming around the first of the year. 

RedDenver    1,580
Just now, Cdog923 said:

Just in time for the online multiplayer update that's supposedly coming around the first of the year. 

I'm old school and don't like online games. I play games to have fun and don't need online dickheads ruining it.

VectorVictor    1,830

Don't forget that Rocket League drops for the Nintendo Switch today. Should be a good port, and eventually it will have cross play with all but the Sony versions. 

Cdog923    1,064
18 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Don't forget that Rocket League drops for the Nintendo Switch today. Should be a good port, and eventually it will have cross play with all but the Sony versions. 

I totally forgot about this. Might have to spend some coin on it. 

BIG ERN    994

Just started playing Horizon and I really enjoy this game. It's like Zelda and the Witcher kinda mixed into one. The crafting system is a lot more simplified than the Witcher 3 which I am okay with 

VectorVictor    1,830
On 11/16/2017 at 11:20 AM, BIG ERN said:

Just started playing Horizon and I really enjoy this game. It's like Zelda and the Witcher kinda mixed into one. The crafting system is a lot more simplified than the Witcher 3 which I am okay with 

I picked it up on the Black Friday sale, gonna get to it after I take care of Wolfenstein 2 on my XBox One X.

Oh, and I picked up a XBox One X, and it is soooooooooo choice. Best damn console I've played this side of the SNES.