PSU Fan hopes Nebraska jumps ship

With all the big ten expansion talk, I do hope that Nebraska be one of the new teams to join the Big Ten. Even though we are seperated by a boat load of miles, Penn State is in need of a yearly rival and playing a great team like Nebraska each year would be out of this world. Want to hear what your thoughts are.

I think it would be great to move to the big 10 and play penn st each year, but being from Iowa and having to Listen to the Hawkeye fans all the time I think that our first point would be to quiet that storm first before a true full hearted rivalry could start. I think a NU/PSU rivalry game would be awesome.

To add more this would be a Fan Standpoint maybe not a univeristy satndpoint

I've always had a lot of respect for Penn State, and I would looooove to make a trip to Happy Valley for a NU-PSU matchup. Although I think if NU joined Iowa would kinda be our de-facto rivals, Penn St. could be a another team that we continually had great games with.

With all the big ten expansion talk, I do hope that Nebraska be one of the new teams to join the Big Ten. Even though we are seperated by a boat load of miles, Penn State is in need of a yearly rival and playing a great team like Nebraska each year would be out of this world. Want to hear what your thoughts are.

Anytime you can pit two storied programs like Nebraska and Penn State together on a consistent basis, a rivalry should develop. Don't know the likelihood of playing every year, though. Once the Nebraska-Oklahoma games were reduced to two years on, two years off, the rivalry diminished somewhat, I think.

Thanks everyone. I look forward to stopping by from time to time. If I had to pic just one team of all the teams being mentioned, Nebraska would be one of the teams at the top. Another team I would love to see join, while I don't respect them as much asNebraska, is Pitt. It's a Pennsylvania thing. anyway if the conference thinks of adding three like many people are saying, I am hoping for Nebraska, ShPit, and Maryland or Missouri.

Glad to have you here werpsu. I'd love to see Nebraska playing PSU every year. Both schools have proud traditions and have/had legendary coaches. Both have great winning traditions and classic traditional uniforms. Both schools emphasize defense. Both have intensely loyal fan bases. Both have WAY above average game day experiences.

Two things I particularly like about PSU:

1. JoePa. What a treasure for your school and fans. How can you not love Paterno when he does things like this?

2. Your uniforms are beautiful. Don't you ever change them.

tonyhuntjerz.jpg

Hope we both get to see this matchup.

Being that I'm smack dab in the middle of PSUcks country, I'd like to see regular match ups with the Nits.

Haha, At least your an eagles fan.

Speaking of the Eagles...I just got to watch that "Invincible" movie about Vince Papale. Good stuff and I have always had a soft spot for Philadelphia people. It is always a good time talking to them.

Anyways on topic...I couldn't think of anything better then to play against Penn St. If it turned into a rivalry then all the better, but I suspect it would be a pretty respectful rivalry. Which is a good thing in my opinion.

Hey werpsu, I have to say when all of this talk began my buddy and I were talking about who we would could most likely see as our "big game" every year. I don't like just labeling somebody a rival because I believe they have to develop, but you can surely identify "big games" that could someday develop that rivalry tag.

We said, and maybe it is a little arrogant, that it would have to be an upper-echelon team as we feel the tradition we have as a program is on par with anybody. Michigan has Ohio State and vice-versa so both of those were out immediately. Really, Penn State is the only other school on par with Nebraska in prestige and tradition. We had mentioned Wisconsin, but they haven't broken that National Championship barrier yet. We both decided on Penn State and the history of "The Non-Catch" in 1982 and the 1994 season could help build a little healthy "want-to" when it comes to beating the other every year.

Anyway, welcome to the board kind sir. I don't think you will get too much negative commentary from Husker fans on this board as I believe most truly respect Penn State.

Hey werpsu, I have to say when all of this talk began my buddy and I were talking about who we would could most likely see as our "big game" every year. I don't like just labeling somebody a rival because I believe they have to develop, but you can surely identify "big games" that could someday develop that rivalry tag.

We said, and maybe it is a little arrogant, that it would have to be an upper-echelon team as we feel the tradition we have as a program is on par with anybody. Michigan has Ohio State and vice-versa so both of those were out immediately. Really, Penn State is the only other school on par with Nebraska in prestige and tradition. We had mentioned Wisconsin, but they haven't broken that National Championship barrier yet. We both decided on Penn State and the history of "The Non-Catch" in 1982 and the 1994 season could help build a little healthy "want-to" when it comes to beating the other every year.

Anyway, welcome to the board kind sir. I don't think you will get too much negative commentary from Husker fans on this board as I believe most truly respect Penn State.

I really think that it makes a difference if you play a team EVERY year or not. If Nebraska goes to the B10 and plays Penn STate every two years, then I don't think that PSU would be Husker's #1 rival in the B10. I would wager that the powers-that-be would align Iowa with Nebraska on a yearly basis...just a guess...but I think that the Hawkeyes, because of close proximity and annual contests, would be THE rival. I would lump Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State as rivals, too - but not to the same extent as Iowa. I mean any game between any of those teams and Nebraska would be huge and garner national attention. But like it not, it's the teams that you play year-in and year-out that matter the most. Just my opinion.

Thank you for your thoughts. I can understand the IOWA Nebraska case completely but I agree with your thoughts as well. Two great universities that are prized and honored for tradition, going head to head each year. WoW!!!!!!! with Nebraska, Michigan, & Ohio State on a schedule, what more could one want out of a season of football besides a national championship of course. Thanks Again. For The Glory.