Penn State/Nebraska History

This is a look at the extraordinary scene that is created when Nebraska and Penn State meet up on the gridiron.

Did you know that the most people ever to watch a game in Beaver Stadium was on September 14th, 2002 when Nebraska came to town. It was the highest request ever for tickets in Penn State History. The record crowd that day was 110,753. Fact Check Here --- There was a higher demand for tickets that game than the game with Notre Dame in 2007.

Did you know Penn State has played Nebraska 13 times and the win loss record is almost even. Penn State has won 7 times to Nebraska's 6 times. However, Nebraska was the victor the last time both teams met. Fact Check

Did you know that one of the most memorable/controversal games in Penn State history came in 1982 when Tod Blackledge led the drive down the field to win the game in its' final moments. Many PSU Fans will sware he was in bounds while many Nebraska fans will say that he clearly was not. None the less, that moment is considered by many at Penn State to be one the greatest moments in the program's history. Thoughts about that game.

Some Pics from the past. Enjoy!!!

_4238643779.jpgPGM83PSU_KickoffClassic.jpg Nebraska won this one big!!!! 44-6

PLUS Great Uniforms. Both Teams

1428094.jpg.30179_display_image.jpg

That second pic does not show our classic uniforms :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: but I get what you're saying.

Also, that guy was WAAAY out of bounds!! :lol:

I'd be down for playing Penn St every year. Would be a nice end-of-year game, rather than the Fluffalos.

I'm guessing Penn State fans would also love to get a rivalry going considering the snub back in 1994.

Nice Try my friend. You remind me of a Democrat. In reply to your statement..... well perhaps some might. But we have 5 other times we have undefeated seasons under Joe Pa with no national championship. Were used to getting screwed. Welcome to the world of college football.

I'm guessing Penn State fans would also love to get a rivalry going considering the snub back in 1994.

Nice Try my friend. You remind me of a Democrat. In reply to your statement..... well perhaps some might. But we have 5 other times we have undefeated seasons under Joe Pa with no national championship. Were used to getting screwed. Welcome to the world of college football.

I've been around this board for a while now. I can't really remember a time when we ever tried to mix politics or religion with Husker football. By your statement, I can tell you really don't understand the state of Nebraska very well. How many of those 5 other times do you have fans sporting shirts declaring Penn State as NC's?

See now this would b a rivalry!!!

So much history between our programs, top prestige, awesome fanbases, and both of us have held each other from going to a NC.

Y are we even talking about Iowa, when we clearly already have something here psu?

Idc if well be in different divisions, if we go b10 we need to schedule em every year.