WR Patrick Onwuasor

Just received an offer from USC.

So you're saying the 4th star should be tacked on shortly?....

Believe it or not, Kent Turene was initially a 4* when he committed to USC over the summer. Then in September, Rivals updated their star rankings and dropped him to a 3*. Scout on the other hand had him as a 3* but boosted him to 4* in September.

Moral of the story: Rivals hates USC now but Scout still loves them.

Turene was definatly worth the 4* ranking, but rivals is sometimes a little wacky with their rankings (see tyler moore).

All of those scouting services are wacky. It's not an exact science. I was just throwing out some hyperbole for perspective in Turene's case for the giggles.

Very true, they all are weird and I think ESPN is the worst at it, in my opinion.

Put it this way, they're all equally fallacious in their methods. But as fans we'll love whichever service gives our guys the highest stars/rankings. Case in point, ESPN has Kevin Williams as a 4* but Rivals & Scout doesn't. On the flipside, Rivals & Scout has Tyler Moore as a 4* but ESPN doesn't.

Meh, whatever....

Whatever is right, not something I should wrap my head around....give me a migraine.

I hear ya. I'm happy with whoever our staff gets. They have their reasons for going after the guys that they want. I'll take whoever they get and more importantly I want guys who WANT to be Huskers. Which is why Jamal Turner is such an impressive kid because he seems to REALLY WANT to be a Husker. Give me 20 Jamal Turner's not because of his rankings, but because of his attitude.

+1 my friend, exaclt right. And this staff focuses on kids who are from: a winning program, have a good ehad on their shoulders, family oriented, and focus on school which is a recipe for success.

• Fire 1

I hear ya. I'm happy with whoever our staff gets. They have their reasons for going after the guys that they want. I'll take whoever they get and more importantly I want guys who WANT to be Huskers. Which is why Jamal Turner is such an impressive kid because he seems to REALLY WANT to be a Husker. Give me 20 Jamal Turner's not because of his rankings, but because of his attitude.

how would you tell them appart?

• Fire 1

how would you tell them appart?

:lol: Touche

bullet.gif Despite recently picking up an offer from USC, a source said Patrick Onwuasor is probably not going to end up with the Trojans because they like him as a defensive back and he is set on playing wide receiver.

That's good news for Arizona and Nebraska, the top two teams vying for Onwuasor, a strong 6-foot-2, 190-pound three-star prospect from Inglewood, Calif.

LINK

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed the video ... thanks for posting.

Reminded me of the Dorian-Beckman recruit from Hillcrest, MO. Much to be excited about here. I like the size and frame ... I think he would be a good possession receiver in college as well as spread the field. I'm curious to see how his speed holds up. Doesnt' seem to have a big burst for seperation for the college level but obviously schooled much at this level. He would have a frame to be a good blocker as well, should he have the heart and desire to become a complete WR.

SheepdogMark

Man after watching those highlights I only want this guy to a Husker even more. He's big, tall and got some hands - the main qualities Nebraska should be looking at for WRs. I honestly don't care if we get super speed WRs if they can't catch the ball (cough cough Niles). This guy looks perfect both for setting up blocks and for giving Martinez the possibility to just lob the ball anywhere in his general direction.

His highlights looked great, but then again...they are HIGHLIGHTS. I love the fact that he is a playmaker no matter where he is. And his frame does look great. I agree with Sheepdog about his speed but I am also concerned about his route running, he either runs a fade route or a stop route...not a whole lot of variety there.