Nexus

SIGNED WR Taariq Allen*

People have just been excited for me, said Allen, a receiver out of Boston. Its not been anybody saying, Nebraska? Why are you going to Nebraska? Its more been people saying, Youre helping put Boston high school football on the map.

Nebraska is looked at as such a high-profile program that the majority of people around here are excited for him, said Rich Fisher, Allens coach at The Rivers School in Weston, Mass. I dont think theres any negativity for him packing up and going to Nebraska. Its no different than a kid leaving Florida or Texas or California. Its the nature of the beast kids pack up and leave home

To be honest, Allen fell into the Huskers lap when Fisher brought him to an NU camp last June. Fisher had previously gotten to know Nebraska coach Bo Pelini when Pelini was an NFL assistant coach at New England and Fishers best friend, Ted Johnson, was playing for the Patriots

Link

People have just been excited for me,” said Allen, a receiver out of Boston. “It’s not been anybody saying, ‘Nebraska? Why are you going to Nebraska?’ It’s more been people saying, ‘You’re helping put Boston high school football on the map.

Nebraska is looked at as such a high-profile program that the majority of people around here are excited for him,” said Rich Fisher, Allen’s coach at The Rivers School in Weston, Mass. “I don’t think there’s any negativity for him packing up and going to Nebraska. It’s no different than a kid leaving Florida or Texas or California. It’s the nature of the beast — kids pack up and leave home

To be honest, Allen fell into the Huskers’ lap when Fisher brought him to an NU camp last June. Fisher had previously gotten to know Nebraska coach Bo Pelini when Pelini was an NFL assistant coach at New England and Fisher’s best friend, Ted Johnson, was playing for the Patriots

Link

wonder who the other two big time guys the coach has are..........

but he is right its all about connections......

:bigredn: at 8:39. My pick to be the suprise of this class when all is said and done.

I think that he is going to have a lot of success too...but I'm gonna say Abdullah will be the biggest suprise of the class IMO.

But......:bonesflag:chuckleshuffle:corndance:koolaid2::hellloooo:nanalama:worship:wasted:horns2:cheers:bonez:w00t:clap glad to have him :bigredn:

I think this kid was a steal!! Watched some more of his highlights. He has a little bit of that Blackmon look to him who was also a 3* if I remember correctly. Im not saying he will be like Blackmon but has that look without the measureables. Take a look at his basketball highlights on youtube. Didn't post link but search for tariq allen rivers school. The kid is athletic as hell! I say he sees time next year if we can get rid of gilmore.