SIGNED DE Greg McMullen

Nexus

This is THE top guy on NU's board. As has been said will be a fight with the Buckeyes. Hopefully they land a couple of other instate studs at DE(and has been shown above, and stated before by others including myself, the state of Ohio is LOADED for DL) and NU can land this big fish.

Saw him in person last year and his pics do not do him justice. He is a MAN!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Took In Husker’s Game With Missouri

“I’ve been to a Nebraska game I thought that was crazy. They (NU) lead the NCAA with more consecutive games for sellout crowds. That just shows you how serious and dedicated the teams are.” Mc Mullen said

“The (Husker) fans really get into it. One thing I can say the fans don’t like to sit down during the football game. They cheer all the time.” Mc Mullen added

“I’m A Dynamic Player”

“Nebraska coaches said I’m a dynamic athlete. My talent level is above average they want me to be a player hopefully a Cornhusker. They are looking forward seeing me at camp; I think I will make the spring game April 16.” Mc Mullen said

Pelini A Proven Winner

“I like Bo (Pelini) he’s very energetic he knows what he is talking about. He almost shows every program he went to their defenses have made either improved drastically or changed. Just when he was at LSU they won the national championship then he went to Nebraska and upped their program. He’s done a great job.” Mc Mullen said

Huskerjournal

• 3 weeks later...

We need this guy. We need a top notch DE. If he chooses NU he's going to have a chance to play as early as RSFR year. With Cameron Williams, Joseph Carter, Josh Williams and Eric Martin as juniors whatever DE's sign with us will have a wide open playing field their redshirt freshmen years. Ohio State can't say that... kids who go there will sit behind some people for a few years.

I think we have a real good shot at this kid because we offer one of the best defenses in the country, the opportunity to learn from the Pelini's, a good chance to play early as early as redshirt freshmen year, and a great relationship with coach J.P. The only downside is we are 14 hours from his home. When it comes down to it, a lot of kids end up staying close to home. But we will see... this will be a battle with Ohio State till the finish.

Remember we pulled a DT from Ohio last year and have a couple of those Mooney kids. I'm guessing we start seeing more and more from Ohio going forward, now that mom & dad can watch the games.

A DT without an OSU offer though . . . right?

This will be tough. I think you have to assume that OSU is the favorite but we have a legitimate shot.

Remember we pulled a DT from Ohio last year and have a couple of those Mooney kids. I'm guessing we start seeing more and more from Ohio going forward, now that mom & dad can watch the games.

A DT without an OSU offer though . . . right?

This will be tough. I think you have to assume that OSU is the favorite but we have a legitimate shot.

He didnt have an offer from tOSU, and the mooney kids didnt have one either. Like Carl said, this is going to be a tough get. This is a chance for JP the show the country how good of a recruiter we all know he is.

A lot of banter of what has been said already, so let's bullet point a lo of posts some more. JP will keep NU in with almost any recruit he comes in contact with. He has done it the last two years, where NU probably shouldn't have even made somes prospects finalists. I think it the results will only be greater as the number of his primary tagets will shrink some because of the RC duties added. Other than Beck(as of right now) this is the guy on the staff that I would want to get heavily involved with big time recruits. The guy is money.

Another thing that plays a little into NU's favor over OSU is the number of stud DLine talent coming out of Ohio this year. That may push a guy like Greg to NU, especially if he waits to commit as he has planned and OSU's spots fill up. OSU will pick any of the kids they want out of Ohio, but what their needs are will dictate that.

This is the guy on top of NU's board IMO. Been saying that for a while. And as aspeedlin has also said, NU will be in this until the end. Oh and you know what else helps winning. And winning on October 8th can't hurt the cause either, cause I bet the house Greg will probably be in the house.