SIGNED DE Greg McMullen

Nexus

• 3 weeks later...

Ohio State, with all its football tradition, is just two hours down the road from Greg McMullen's hometown of Akron.

The Horseshoe. Ohio State vs. Michigan. A bunch of Big Ten championships.

Ohio State was the first program to offer a scholarship to McMullen, a four-star defensive end who moves surprisingly well for someone who is 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds. McMullen was only a sophomore and Jim Tressel was still coach when the offer came.

McMullen came to Lincoln for a football camp last summer and liked the program enough he was one of the first players to commit to the Huskers' 2012 recruiting class. McMullen will make it official Wednesday when he signs a letter of intent.LINK

• Fire 1

McMullen could be one of those guys who doesn't grab a lot of headlines during recruitment--no drama or anything--but ends up being a star for us down the road. I can't wait to see this guy take the field in Husker red!

McMullen could be one of those guys who doesn't grab a lot of headlines during recruitment--no drama or anything--but ends up being a star for us down the road. I can't wait to see this guy take the field in Husker red!

This. I applaud him for seeing NU with all it has to offer and a no frills attitude. I am really crossing my fingers that he can be that DE that we've sorely missed for many years.

I have mentioned this in this thread before, but I ran into him when he visited for the Mizzou game two years ago and again last October prior to the OSU game. This kid, and I use that term in age only, is put together like the proverbial brick shithouse. IF he puts in a good work ethic and picks up the defense, he COULD be a STUD.