Game Review
24NebraskavsGeorgia19
January 01, 2014 | 11:00 AM | ESPN2
Game Preview
Nebraskavs.Florida Atlantic
A warm welcome to our visiting Owls fans!
August 30, 2014 | 2:30 PM | BTN
A Huskerboard Cause: Walk for Children
- - - - -

Nebraska Games on TV Today

• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

#1 Husker_x

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

So beginning at 12:00 central time, Fox Sports Midwest will be airing a Nebraska double header. The first is Missouri's crushing victory in 2005, and the second is when Nebraska edged out Kansas in 2006. Way to pimp the Pelini era boys. Way to pimp the Pelini era.

:facepalm:

(Sniff, sniff) Is that...Big XII animosity I smell?

Posted Image

#2 n.e.husker

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

I too am wanting a replay of one of pelinis bowl games or big victories.
We can always turn to espn and see Mac Brown, he lives there it seem like. :espnsucks:
"We’re hungry. We are by no means where we want to be. We’re not going to be satisfied around here at Nebraska until we win them all.”

-Bo Pelini-

#3 Husker_x

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

Damn I miss Cosgrove. He really knew how to get his guys to play at a high level.

Unlike SOME people I could mention.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 31,231 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

Now I'm thinking of leaving work early to go record that Kansas game. I don't remember it at all. Did we look all right? That was Zac Taylor and pork chop, right?

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#5 Husker_x

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

It was, per Callahan, about 148-136 in the final. Defense looked like sh#t but we won.

Posted Image

#6 fro daddy

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

That 05 MU/NE game was a few days after the boy was born. Watched that game in the hospital holding the newest MU fan in my arms. PRetty good day for me, one i dont know that I will ever forget.

I do also remember that day as the day that I knew Travis Justice was full of poo. Went on for alteast an hour about how NE would smother Brad Smith and how he would be lucky to have 100 total yards. I called into the show and after he got done making fun of me, told me to call back after he was proven right if i wanted. Told him i would. After Smith had that in about the first 10 minutes and ended with nearly 500, he totally ignored his little statement. He also totally ignored my call as his producer twice hung up on me. :laughpound Omaha sports talk. :facepalm:
Posted Image

fro daddy, Enhance89 & knapplc are The Trifecta of Awesomeness

1st Annual Huskerboard Team 2010 -Starting WR #12
2nd Annual Huskerboard Team 2011 -Starting OG #68 *Original Gangsta*
3rd Annual Huskerboard Team 2012 - Special Teams Gunner #27

#7 blackshirts5115

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

wasnt the kansas game when frantz hardy saved the day with two deep catches and we won in overtime?

#8 blackshirts5115

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:48 AM

That 05 MU/NE game was a few days after the boy was born. Watched that game in the hospital holding the newest MU fan in my arms. PRetty good day for me, one i dont know that I will ever forget.

I do also remember that day as the day that I knew Travis Justice was full of poo. Went on for alteast an hour about how NE would smother Brad Smith and how he would be lucky to have 100 total yards. I called into the show and after he got done making fun of me, told me to call back after he was proven right if i wanted. Told him i would. After Smith had that in about the first 10 minutes and ended with nearly 500, he totally ignored his little statement. He also totally ignored my call as his producer twice hung up on me. :laughpound Omaha sports talk. :facepalm:

Please don't ever associate Travis Justice with Husker football. I don't think anyone in this state likes that douche unless your a Creighton basketball fan. He sucks royally so please don't judge us based on him. Look at 1620 the Zone with Kevin Kugler and Mike'l Severe. They are being nominated for the best sports talk show in the nation. They are in the top 5 right now I think.

#9 fro daddy

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:14 PM

oh i learned my lesson. But its sorta pick your poison. Whole lotta hate for MU on U.S.C. Sometimes their show is pretty good and sometimes I find myself wanting to strangle Mike'l. He spews nearly as much BS as Justice used too. If he wasnt in a bully position by controlling the phone lines I would love to have a debate with him. I used to do sports radio, and am a pretty big fan, so when he throws out his random hate crap that he could never back up, i would nail his *** to the wall with it. :lol:
Posted Image

fro daddy, Enhance89 & knapplc are The Trifecta of Awesomeness

1st Annual Huskerboard Team 2010 -Starting WR #12
2nd Annual Huskerboard Team 2011 -Starting OG #68 *Original Gangsta*
3rd Annual Huskerboard Team 2012 - Special Teams Gunner #27

#10 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 31,231 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

I have no memory of this 2006 KU game. I took the afternoon off just to watch it, so I'm here at home with the game on DVR so I can skip commercials. Some thoughts after the first quarter:

When we were "on" with the WCO, we were good. Zac Taylor has a LOT to do with that, of course, but the offense worked well. Lots of misdirection, lots of trickeration. The Jayhawks were a decent defense and on a couple of plays they were quite confused. It's great seeing Zac again. Love that guy.

Brandon Jackson was a STUD. I forget how good that guy was. He just bulled through some schmuck DB who tried to tackle him.

Andrew Shanle had two picks in the first five minutes of this game. He almost scored on the second pick.

First quarter is in the books, and we're up 17-0. I keep scratching my head wondering, "How did we need overtime in this game?!?!?"

Wait, I think I just saw the reason on the sidelines. Don't want to give it away, but his initials are KC.

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#11 Landlord of Memorial Stadium

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,943 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

I have no memory of this 2006 KU game. I took the afternoon off just to watch it, so I'm here at home with the game on DVR so I can skip commercials. Some thoughts after the first quarter:

When we were "on" with the WCO, we were good. Zac Taylor has a LOT to do with that, of course, but the offense worked well. Lots of misdirection, lots of trickeration. The Jayhawks were a decent defense and on a couple of plays they were quite confused. It's great seeing Zac again. Love that guy.

Brandon Jackson was a STUD. I forget how good that guy was. He just bulled through some schmuck DB who tried to tackle him.

Andrew Shanle had two picks in the first five minutes of this game. He almost scored on the second pick.

First quarter is in the books, and we're up 17-0. I keep scratching my head wondering, "How did we need overtime in this game?!?!?"

Wait, I think I just saw the reason on the sidelines. Don't want to give it away, but his initials are KC.

I love Zac Taylor. The guy was such a bright spot during the Callahan era. I remember this game pretty vividly actually, and remember that it always felt like for some reason, even though we went to overtime, we weren't really in any danger of losing. Maybe that was because our offense wiped their rear-ends with Kansas' defense...but I forgot that they were doing the same to ours.

Posted Image

#12 Foppa

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

I too am wanting a replay of one of pelinis bowl games or big victories.
We can always turn to espn and see Mac Brown, he lives there it seem like. :espnsucks:

I'll say it again: the Extreme Sports and Poker Network is to sports like MTV currently is to music. Go ahead, switch over to MTV and see if you find any traces of music, and try not to fall over dead if they're actually showing a music video. Actually, don't waste your time. MTV sucks.
"I don't apologize for what I've done, I don't apologize to you, I don't apologize to anybody." Bo Pelini 11-29-2013
"I apologize for reacting emotionally yesterday and for showing frustration both with the game officials and the media." Bo Pelini 11-30-2013

#13 VA Husker Fan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

The 97 Missouri game is also on ESPN classic right now

#14 killer cacti

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

I too am wanting a replay of one of pelinis bowl games the Sun Bowl and the Sun Bowl only, no other Pelini bowl games...or big victories.

FIFY

clemsonentrance1.gif?w=1000

#15 Fuzzy

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

wasnt the kansas game when frantz hardy saved the day with two deep catches and we won in overtime?

I saw Taylor to Hardy for a 75yd TD pass. Then I saw Nunn take a huge bomb into the endzone but it didn't count, and they didn't explain why.

Just saw Hardy again to put the Huskers up 30 - 25.

How do you have a center that doesn't realize the QB is in shotgun?! He hikes the ball and just lets go of it. WTF?!

#16 huskerscott

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

I remember watching the game too. I thought man we are gonna roll through them. Then Kansas adjusted and Nebraska didnt, but that was the norm during the callahan.
Posted Image

#17 Fuzzy

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:39 PM

Kind of fun to see Suh playing in his younger days though.

#18 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 31,231 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:05 PM

Just finished the second quarter. We got jobbed, big time, on that backwards pass just before half. Their QB threw it backwards, clearly, and they ruled it incomplete, and it's not reviewable. That's a TD and it's 31-7 going in to halftime. Instead, KU keeps the ball and with the field goal it's 24-10 Huskers.

You can tell exactly where Kansas got momentum in this game. They were on their own five yard line, Barmann was in the end zone, we rushed, and KU connected on a desperation 40-yard strike between two defenders. It was lucky, but it gave the Jayhawks confidence and you could see the defense deflate. They played at 3/4 speed after that.

Our DBs were terrible. Tierre Green and Courtney Grixby - love them both, but they would never have started in our heyday. Neither of these guys would have been anywhere near the top of the depth chart. Overall there was just too much running up into traffic and not enough solid play. We got run around a lot in that quarter.

Jon Cornish was a beast. All props to that guy.

FOX Sports sucks. They show us icing their kicker not once but twice, so we get to watch a couple of timeouts back-to-back, but they cut Nunn's brilliant punt return out of the rebroadcast. Who thinks that's good TV?

EDIT - forgot to mention how impressed, again, I am with Zac Taylor. If we had a defense and an O Line, that kid would have/should have gotten Heisman consideration. He was Tebow before Tebow was Tebow. Big, tough, accurate, and he took an absolute beating back there every game and got back up, every time.

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#19 bleedNUred

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

I'll never forget that Kansas game mainly because we went up 17-0 very quickly and somehow needed OT to win, WTF!?
Posted Image

#20 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 31,231 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

Finished watching. Brutal, brutal second half. Miscues, slack play, missing defenders... the gamut. We're lucky to have won that game.

It's amazing to see how bad our secondary was, compared to how good it's going to be this year. I saved that recording, and I think I'll watch it again sometime around October, just to get a reminder of how bad it was.

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#21 JOEY

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:38 PM

yeah man cosgrove is a beast! hes gonna build those minnesota golden gophers into a championship caliber defense with all those beast1 and 2 star recruits!

#22 Landlord of Memorial Stadium

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,943 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

Just finished the second quarter. We got jobbed, big time, on that backwards pass just before half. Their QB threw it backwards, clearly, and they ruled it incomplete, and it's not reviewable. That's a TD and it's 31-7 going in to halftime. Instead, KU keeps the ball and with the field goal it's 24-10 Huskers.

You can tell exactly where Kansas got momentum in this game. They were on their own five yard line, Barmann was in the end zone, we rushed, and KU connected on a desperation 40-yard strike between two defenders. It was lucky, but it gave the Jayhawks confidence and you could see the defense deflate. They played at 3/4 speed after that.

Our DBs were terrible. Tierre Green and Courtney Grixby - love them both, but they would never have started in our heyday. Neither of these guys would have been anywhere near the top of the depth chart. Overall there was just too much running up into traffic and not enough solid play. We got run around a lot in that quarter.

FOX Sports sucks. They show us icing their kicker not once but twice, so we get to watch a couple of timeouts back-to-back, but they cut Nunn's brilliant punt return out of the rebroadcast. Who thinks that's good TV?

EDIT - forgot to mention how impressed, again, I am with Zac Taylor. If we had a defense and an O Line, that kid would have/should have gotten Heisman consideration. He was Tebow before Tebow was Tebow. Big, tough, accurate, and he took an absolute beating back there every game and got back up, every time.

2. I really think Grixby was a solid corner, and played like it to an extent in '07, but just got manhandled in '06 having to go up against guys over half a foot taller and probably 30+ lbs. heavier. If he would have been able to play with a capable teammate for the big bodies receivers, and had good tutelage, he would have been all Big XII. Just my opinion.

3. Again, love Zac Taylor. Really, really, really miss watching that guy play. Such a high character individual as well.

Edit: The bomb to Hardy where Taylor was rolling out right, c$%ks his arm back and just throws it as hard as possible whilst falling out of bounds is one of my top 10 favorite Husker plays. Don't know why, I just really love that play.

Posted Image

#23 knapplc

Legend

• Mods
  • 31,231 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

Sheesh. I have one typo in a year and you have to correct it? Ya gotta be kidding me. :facepalm:

clEdF.png

skin_fetch.jpg

#24 Po Belini

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

Watched that '05 game with the Tigers and I was thinking man, we actually had some good talent on that defense! Carriker, LeKevin Smith, McKeon, Bullocks bros, Bowman, Jay Moore, etc. Just imagine if they had the Pelini Bros coaching them instead of that certain DC who had no clue.
2011: Offensive Tackle 2012:Posted Image 2013:Posted Image

#25 huskerscott

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

Watched that '05 game with the Tigers and I was thinking man, we actually had some good talent on that defense! Carriker, LeKevin Smith, McKeon, Bullocks bros, Bowman, Jay Moore, etc. Just imagine if they had the Pelini Bros coaching them instead of that certain DC who had no clue.

Our defense in '05 was actually half way decent. Personally, I think it was just the talent that was on their thats way they were somewhat decent. It still baffles my mind how terrible it got from 2005 to 2007.
Posted Image

#26 Landlord of Memorial Stadium

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,943 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

Our defense in '05 was actually half way decent. Personally, I think it was just the talent that was on their thats way they were somewhat decent. It still baffles my mind how terrible it got from 2005 to 2007.

I would say the '06 defense was significantly better. Never gave up a TON of points to anyone, and only gave up 28, 21 and 17 points to the three best teams we played all year (USC, Oklahoma, and Auburn, respectively). It was still mediocre, but that defense stepped up pretty well in big games.

Posted Image

#27 JOEY

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

We had some very good players on those teams.. but our defense of schemes were pretty bad cosgrove didnt know what he was doing if the pelini'S were there we would of had a Top 5 defense no doubt about it.

#28 huKSer

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

yeah man cosgrove is a beast! hes gonna build those minnesota golden gophers into a championship caliber defense with all those beast1 and 2 star recruits!

Can't wait for the reunion of the historic Watson-Cosgrove battles just like we used to have every spring!
"They should run a QB sneak. There's no reason to run anything that takes time to develop."
__________________---Ed Cunningham, football genius, comment 5 seconds before the longest pass in FBS bowl history.

#29 jsneb83

Head Coach

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

I remember the KU game, it was on my birthday and my parents and I went out to eat. It was like 24-7 or something when we went in and when we got back out to the car, they were in overtime. I was like really we were dominating them, and we went to OT. Of course that was a typical Callahan game, do well in the first half and completely fall apart in the second.
Posted Image
"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"

#30 blackshirts5115

Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:08 AM

oh i learned my lesson. But its sorta pick your poison. Whole lotta hate for MU on U.S.C. Sometimes their show is pretty good and sometimes I find myself wanting to strangle Mike'l. He spews nearly as much BS as Justice used too. If he wasnt in a bully position by controlling the phone lines I would love to have a debate with him. I used to do sports radio, and am a pretty big fan, so when he throws out his random hate crap that he could never back up, i would nail his *** to the wall with it. :lol:

Well to be fair, it is a Nebraska-based station. Of course some hate is going to be spit toward a team that literally falsely blames players for spitting into their face. Sorry, but Chase Daniel is the biggest d-bag to ever put on a football uniform. And as much as a respect you, which I really do, your fanbase isn't one to have much pride in.

#31 JOEY

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:28 AM

I hate chase daniel, he should go around wearing a skirt the dude is worthless..

#32 skerinKansas

Scout Team

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

2. I really think Grixby was a solid corner, and played like it to an extent in '07, but just got manhandled in '06 having to go up against guys over half a foot taller and probably 30+ lbs. heavier. If he would have been able to play with a capable teammate for the big bodies receivers, and had good tutelage, he would have been all Big XII. Just my opinion.

3. Again, love Zac Taylor. Really, really, really miss watching that guy play. Such a high character individual as well.

Edit: The bomb to Hardy where Taylor was rolling out right, c$%ks his arm back and just throws it as hard as possible whilst falling out of bounds is one of my top 10 favorite Husker plays. Don't know why, I just really love that play.

I always thought Grix should've stayed on offense. Explosive out of his cuts, great top end speed. run the bubble screens to him and let him slip between guys for a first down. Run him underneath on the drag and watch him turn upfield for 20. Plus he's fresh for punt returns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users