Made the decision to quit

How has the first week been? I wish you all the best of luck! :thumbs

Not too bad actually. The Chantix has curbed the cravings and made cigarettes taste like a donkey's ass. I've found myself actually not smoking during certain times because I just don't feel like it. Tomorrow is my actual quit date and unlike "quit days" in the past, there's no real anxiety there. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Not too bad actually. The Chantix has curbed the cravings and made cigarettes taste like a donkey's ass. I've found myself actually not smoking during certain times because I just don't feel like it. Tomorrow is my actual quit date and unlike "quit days" in the past, there's no real anxiety there. I'm actually looking forward to it.

You're not going to quit smoking pot too, are you?

By the way, how did you know what a donkey's ass tastes like?

You're not going to quit smoking pot too, are you?

By the way, how did you know what a donkey's ass tastes like?

Drowning told me what a donkey's ass tastes like :lol:

Quit???

There's thousands of government employees and sick little kids out there depending on you! How can you just quit and deprive those underprivileged souls from their tax-payer funded entitlement programs? Come on...man up! As my father used to tell me...

"Anybody can quit smoking...it takes a real man to face up to cancer"

(Good luck...I quit once but became such a bitch that my family and co-workers urged me to start again)

Quit???

There's thousands of government employees and sick little kids out there depending on you! How can you just quit and deprive those underprivileged souls from their tax-payer funded entitlement programs? Come on...man up! As my father used to tell me...

(Good luck...I quit once but became such a bitch that my family and co-workers urged me to start again)

:laughpound

I never looked at it that way!

Doing pretty good. Had a few slip ups since last week but so far, I'm doing better than I thought I would.

Quit???

:laughpound

I never looked at it that way!

Did chantix myself.... Worked for a year, then started again. Did it again, and it has held, over a year with no cravings etc.... Best thing I have ever done

Doing pretty good. Had a few slip ups since last week but so far, I'm doing better than I thought I would.

This should be week 3. Took me a little longer to get off the cigarettes but have been smoke free for almost 2 weeks now. It's actually kind of cool getting in my car and it not smelling like an ash tray. And being able to breathe deeper has been awesome! All in all, so far so good. Wife even quit smoking! :corndance

Great to hear Okie! :bigredn: o More Smoking!

This should be week 3. Took me a little longer to get off the cigarettes but have been smoke free for almost 2 weeks now. It's actually kind of cool getting in my car and it not smelling like an ash tray. And being able to breathe deeper has been awesome! All in all, so far so good. Wife even quit smoking! :corndance

:worship

I'm gonna have to get my in laws to try this out or look into it. Both the wife and I agreed that if they want to see their future grandkids that they'll have to quit smoking.

I'm very happy for you. You're adding years on to your life. :thumbs

Hit the gym this morning like I always do and thought I would jump on the treadmill and give running a shot. I say it that way because while doing the Insanity Workout a couple of months ago, I developed a case of patellar tendinitis in my left knee. As a result, I've been using the elliptical primarily for my cardio workout. This morning I thru on a knee brace on my left knee and after about 12 minutes of warming up on the elliptical, I moved over to the treadmill. Now...normally in the past when I ran, my breathing was obviously very labored. This morning...wow! I easily could have ran an 8 minute mile and sustained it with ease. My breathing was so much more easier it was amazing. I only ran about 2 miles because I don't want to overwork my knee just yet (been taking prescription strength Naproxen since Wednesday). I'm actually waiting for physical therapy folks to call me after talking to the doc earlier this week. But I felt like I could have ran 5 miles with absolute ease. I think I can get used to this non-smoker thing.