Why was Frank Solich fired?

On 8/28/2010 at 2:33 AM, kansas husker said:

at times I wonder the same thing fire a coach after 9 wins, but the fact is we are better off for it. We were punished with 2 terrible season and 2 mediocre seasons. I always cheer for ohio as I'm still a Solich fan but weather letting him go was justified or not Bo is a much better coach and we are now reaping the rewards

Do you still think we are better off?

On 10/25/2012 at 2:00 PM, skersfan said:

Several things led to Frank's dismisal. A supposed affair, drinking problems and confrontations with Pedy even prior to him coming back. Lack of wins and a downward spiral of performance overall. Clownahan was on Pedy.

Jim Grobe was Tom's choice for the team, but the Watson card reared its ugly head. Grobe would not come with out his whole staff and Tom wanted Watson to help with keeping the recruits. Bo was the choice of a major booster, who paid the bills for Clownahan and Pedy. This was really set in stone in early October or late September. In honesty I really do not think Tom had a choice on who was coming in.

Not even remotely close

On 11/9/2017 at 6:31 AM, ScottyIce said:

Hmm... Ballsy move for a new poster. Got deetz?

The rumor was flying around LNK in the months leading to his firing, I wrote it off as the Athletic Dept spreading trash to help justify firing Frank.  Years later a cable installers website offered some details, evidently, the affair was true among other things.