Why was Frank Solich fired?

What is the unvarnished, straight skinny on why Frank Solich was fired?

Solich was a medicore coach that wasn't a top recruiter. He was in over his head. 9 win seasons when he had 12 win talent. Unacceptable!!!!

Let us not forget that Solich was a first time head coach and that 99 squad did ok. But yeah TO chose him to keep things together and keep the staff in place but it was an impossible task in this day of football.

What is the unvarnished, straight skinny on why Frank Solich was fired?

Solich was a medicore coach that wasn't a top recruiter. He was in over his head. 9 win seasons when he had 12 win talent. Unacceptable!!!!

Yeah and we all know Pedey didn't want NU to slip into mediocrity

At one time, there was rumor of improprieties by Solich and a commentator in a piece recently wrote the dismissal was justified. There are often many angles, sides, and interpretations and re-interpretations for such events. Very interesting.

at times I wonder the same thing fire a coach after 9 wins, but the fact is we are better off for it. We were punished with 2 terrible season and 2 mediocre seasons. I always cheer for ohio as I'm still a Solich fan but weather letting him go was justified or not Bo is a much better coach and we are now reaping the rewards

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

at times I wonder the same thing fire a coach after 9 wins, but the fact is we are better off for it. We were punished with 2 terrible season and 2 mediocre seasons. I always cheer for ohio as I'm still a Solich fan but weather letting him go was justified or not Bo is a much better coach and we are now reaping the rewards

Seems to me that's about as good a summary as I've come across. It is amazingly difficult to keep an excellent company, university, team, or business operating excellently. The Husker period SS (since Solich) is pretty strange but the ship seems to have been righted very, very well.

SS made the BCS National Title game, then was fired on a "mediocre" season which was a 9 win season- now you guys consider Bo the VERY VERY right way for posting- yes- a 9 win season. There could be significant psychological studies done about this SS case.

I understand your point, but Solich took over a team that had just one the national title. Bo took over a 5-7 team that was giving up 30 points a game. This is not a good comparison based on the starting points of the two coaches. Noone except SP said that 9 wins was mediocre, it was more the 7-7 season prior to that that did Solich in.

SS made the BCS National Title game, then was fired on a "mediocre" season which was a 9 win season- now you guys consider Bo the VERY VERY right way for posting- yes- a 9 win season. There could be significant psychological studies done about this SS case.

I take it you're new to football. You could stand to bone up on what makes a program successful before commenting next time. You clearly have no clue what you're on about here.

I take it you're new to football. You could stand to bone up on what makes a program successful before commenting next time. You clearly have no clue what you're on about here.

Whoa whoa whoa... Mod attacking poster, hello there!

While I agree that we are better off without Solich, he should not have been fired the year he was... He went to the MNC game, then followed up with a bad 7-7 year.. He wasn't fired there. He got rid of some of the bad coaches that needed to be gone. He brought in people that needed to be there (see Pelini on D) and the team rebounded wonderfully.. If you count the bowl game that team was 10-3, back on it's way up, not on its way down. Obviously this is a horse that has been beateederson.n over and over and over again, but he should NOT have been fired with the changes that he made to make the program better.. It was totally a my way move by pederson.. No way around it.

• Plus1 1