Where do YOU live? What do you do?

Have you ever lived outside of Nebraska?
Numerous places west of Mississippi river. Main reason: Air Force TDY (temporary duty). Sioux Falls SD, San Antonio TX, Biloxi MS, Carbon TX, Little America WY, Hobbs NM, Scott City KS, Dugway UT, Douglas WY, Powell WY, Dickinson ND, Howard SD, Deep River IA, Beloit KS, Norman OK......that's about it I think

Where have you lived the longest?
Norman OK. Born and raised in Sioux Falls. I lived in Hastings and Lincoln from 1975 thru 1992.

Where has been your favorite non-Nebraska place to visit/live?
Yellowstone park vicinity.

Where is your ideal place to live?
Wishful thinking: Dream house in Spearfish canyon acreage (Black Hills). Or else BC Canada.

Weirdest place to live?
Dugway UT (chemical proving ground), Hobbs NM (wild west laws, drug runners & illegal immigrates HQ) and especially Rock Springs WY; corruptions left and right, lots of hookers, illegal gambling and police kickbacks. Very similar to Walking Tall movie but more intense. Even honest Rock Springs sheriff (ala Buford Pusser) was murdered mysteriously.

Rock Springs was featured on 60 Minutes in 1977 due to corruption within the Police Department and City Government.[8] A follow up was filmed 20 years later for the show City Confidential. The episode was named "Rock Springs: Deadly Draw in the Wild West"

I was there!

What is your current occupation?
Retired. Use to be a software development team and machine maintenance in automation mail systems (USPS)

What has been your best job ever?
AF mobile radar tech, equal to carnival life. I liked it. I never serviced on regular USAF base except Lackland AFB (6 weeks basic training) and Keesler AFB (9 months technical training). My base was Hastings NE......small radar site, 2 officers who used to be a B-52 crews, 2 civilians and approximate 60 enlisted. 2 or 3 females. Now closed (1990 or so).

Worst job?
Concrete pouring in South Dakota winter. Or maybe dishwasher in cruddy truck stop diner.....actually most of the time I enjoyed it ...... fine and young waitresses, parties left and right, bull sh#ting events like truckers outrageous stories. Myself, only 14 years old, salary.....$1.15 per hour.....midnight to 8:00A tour hours.

Dream job?
Gigolo duties and/or test trial "products" in Hugh Hefner factory house ;)
  • 9 months later...

Out of Staters:
Where do you currently live? Iowa
Where have you lived the longest? Iowa
Where has been your favorite place to live/visit? I still miss home, i.e. Nebraska but I love my acreage "across the river". My favorite place to visit right now is wherever my kids are.
Where is your ideal place to live? I just want to live somewhere with a minimum of snow and a minimum of poisonous creepy crawlies. Kentucky is awfully pretty. Or North Carolina.

Work:
What is your current occupation? Librarian
What has been your best job ever? Librarian
Worst job? Meat cutter in a packing house.
Dream job? I would love to be completely self-sufficient. Do it all myself: electricity, everything. But in this world you have to have insurance and pay taxes and those folks won't barter for fresh produce. I'd love to write or review books even, if I could make a living at it.

Hobbies:
What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Garden, read, tend my chickens, bake or cook a little, genealogy, drink a beer and sit around the fire.
Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? My strangest hobby is researching medieval feasts and fasts. I also sometimes make things that I could just as easily buy like dishwashing soap, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar. The personal anecdote is always whip out for questions like this is that I was born on the reservation but I'm not at all Native American. People not from Eastern Nebraska seem to find that fascinating.

• add.png

clEdF.png

Out of Staters:
Where do you currently live? White Castle, LA (tiny town near Baton Rouge)

Where have you lived the longest? Louisiana whole life (spent about 10 years in North Louisiana)
Where has been your favorite place to live/visit? Oak Ridge, TN; Waterville, ME - cool place (I mostly traveled while competing in college)
Where is your ideal place to live? New England

Work:
What is your current occupation? Marine Logistics and Dispatch
What has been your best job ever? college track coach
Worst job? Rent to Own furniture assistant manager
Dream job? Famous Author

Hobbies:
What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Running, writing, reading, spending time with my son, going to sporting events
Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? I am trying to write a novel.

• 1 month later...

Not sure why I haven't done this yet, but better late than Never.

N-Staters:
Have you ever lived outside of Nebraska?

I was born in Lakewood, California, but lived in L.A.

Where have you lived the longest?

Here in Lincoln.

Where has been your favorite non-Nebraska place to visit/live?

I suppose L.A. by default, but I actually love Lincoln.

Where is your ideal place to live?

I'd stay in the midwest most likely. I have always loved Chicago and could see myself living there, as well as KC. However, I love the laid-back yet hard-working culture here in Lincoln. It's a perfect balance. Plus, I love every opportunity to go to sporting events wearing Red.

Work:

I am an Architect. Wanted to be since I was in 4th grade.

The job I am in now. I work in a small firm, which is perfect for me. A lot of responsibilities on a lot of projects, it's definitely my way to go.

Worst job?

Unloading trucks at Pegler Sysco. 5 am mornings were brutal.

Dream job?

I'm living it now.

Hobbies:
What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

Spending time with my family. In addition to going to sporting events, I also love live music. I am generally a person who just genuinely enjoys the company of others.

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote?

I used to be able to control the environment I was in while dreaming. If I realized that I was dreaming, I had the ability to change the floor, or wall, etc. I don't do it anymore because the dreams I have are mundane and not worth remembering...

• 2 weeks later...

N-Staters:
Have you ever lived outside of Nebraska? Yes, the backwoods of Louisiana in Livingston Parish.
Where have you lived the longest? Outside of Arlington NE while growing up. Currently live in Omaha.
Where has been your favorite non-Nebraska place to visit/live? This is a hard question for me. Miami/FL Keys, Seattle/Entire Pacific NW, and Denver/Rocky Mountains, to say a few.
Where is your ideal place to live? Somewhere warm year round.

Work:
What is your current occupation? Computer Hardware Engineer.
What has been your best job ever? The most fun job I’ve ever had was at Miracle Hills Golf Course. My best paying job is the one I have now.
Worst job? At a call center.
Dream job? To have Mark Cuban money and own a sports team, preferably in the NFL.

Hobbies:
What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Alone time with the gf and anything sports related.
Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? I have traveled to 31 states and Mexico - I’m going for all 50 states and I will defiantly see the rest of the world.

Ok i've been around here lurking and posting long enough. So I guess its finally time to post here lol.

N-Staters:
Have you ever lived outside of Nebraska? Yes i've lived in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Germany and was stationed twice in Iraq
Where have you lived the longest? Nebraska
Where has been your favorite non-Nebraska place to visit/live? Germany
Where is your ideal place to live? Mobile Alabama

Work:
What is your current occupation? I work for Dell computers in a call center they own for life insurance.
What has been your best job ever? Military. I hated how I was treated so I was only in for 4 years. But the pride you have for serving. Plus the work ethic you get for joining the military can't be matched by anything.
Worst job? the one i'm at now.
Dream job? something where I get to travel. Which is why i'm taking photography classes.

Hobbies:
What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Photography, Racing, Games, Ghost Hunting, Camping, Fishing, Irritating my mother
Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? The one I get asked about the most would be Ghost Hunting. I'm always asked why I do it, what have I found. Why do I think we find the evidence, what could be causing it. What makes a place haunted. Those come from those who are interested and skeptics.

• 1 month later...

Out of Staters:

Where do you currently live? Honolulu, Hi

Where have you lived the longest? Honolulu....26 years.

Where has been your favorite place to live/visit? Live: Honolulu, visit....Vegas

Where is your ideal place to live? Honolulu

Work:

What is your current occupation? GM of a car rental company

What has been your best job ever? My current job

Worst job? Corn de-tasseler(sp?)

Dream job? I'll think of something.

• 2 years later...

Work:

I'm a thief.

The summer I worked at Burlington Coat Factory before university.

Worst job?

McDonald's

Dream job?

Successfully pulling off a heist where I convince the LAPD and FBI I'm a terrorist, then blow up the building and make them think I'm dead. I’ll blow up the roof, they’ll spend a month sifting through rubble, and by the time they work out what went wrong, I’ll be sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent.

Hobbies:
What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

Watch American Westerns, build models and read Time Magazine.

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote?

Paintball.

• Plus1 4

I live in Nebraska and work as a State of Nebraska Security Officer.  Other places I've lived include Texas, Portland Oregon, Orlando Florida, Petal Mississippi, Bemidji Minnesota, the Republic of Panama, Ft. Meade Maryland , Atlanta and Athens Georgia.  In my free time I like to do as little as possible. 

• Plus1 1