Where do YOU live? What do you do?

Out of Staters:

Where do you currently live? Charlotte NC

Where have you lived the longest? Sumter SC

Where has been your favorite place to live/visit? NYC

Where is your ideal place to live? Charlotte NC

Work:

What is your current occupation? I am the Director of Ticket Operations for a minor league baseball team

What has been your best job ever? Current

Worst job? Installing school furniture (unloading semis along the SC coast in the summertime)

Dream job? MiLB General Manager

Out of Staters:

Where do you currently live? Columbia, SC

Where have you lived the longest? South Carolina

Where has been your favorite place to live/visit? Williams Brice

Where is your ideal place to live? Virginia

Work:

What is your current occupation? Law School Student (USC)

What has been your best job ever? High School Football Coach

Dream job? Attorney

--

Lookin' forward to chatting with y'all!

• 2 weeks later...

Out of Staters:

Where do you currently live? Knoxville, Tennessee

Where have you lived the longest? Maryville, Tennessee (I was born in Omaha and lived there for 5 years).

Where has been your favorite place to live/visit? Banner Elk, NC; Charlotte; and Boone, NC.

Where is your ideal place to live: North Carolina, Virginia, or Tennessee

Work

What is your current occupation? I work at Lowe's, but I am a full time student at the University of Tennessee.

What has been your best job ever? Working on my uncle's farm.

What is your dream job? Be an officer and/or pilot in the United States Air Force.

(I am also a vol fan for those who are curious, but the Huskers are my #1 team!)

• 1 month later...

N-Staters:

Have you ever lived outside of Nebraska? Nope

Where have you lived the longest? C-Town

Where has been your favorite non-Nebraska place to visit/live? Visited Orlando

Where is your ideal place to live? Some where warmer than Nebraska

Hobbies:

What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Watching college basketball/football and staying active on sports teams.

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? Buying and reselling Jordans

I live in China (Changsha). Born & raised in Lincoln, college in Oregon and will return to my favorite place of all once I get my wife's green card.....South Dakota (clean, sparse, endless huge lakes and no state income tax).

I'm an electronic technician and am now teaching English in China for the last two years. Worst job ever was being a bench technician as it's boring beyond belief after a short while. Field service work is a lot more fun as it's much more varied and independent.

The BigRedMachine is my biggest hobby/addiction. It's sooooo wild and random that it's just terrific to watch.

ps.....for what it's worth, guys.....if you're tired of fat, obnoxious & spoiled women....oh boy, push the envelop past the USA border and you're in for the treat of your life. No sh*t.

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Out of Staters:

Where do you currently live? Auckland, New Zealand

Where have you lived the longest? Probably Lincoln. I don't count my hometown. Had no choice but to grow up in Hebron.

Where has been your favorite place to live/visit? Live? London and Denver...Visit? Riga, Latvia and Berlin

Where is your ideal place to live? On a jet...taking me to every corner of the earth.

Work:

What is your current occupation? Going through mountains of immigration paperwork to get my work visa.

What has been your best job ever? Bartender...and Nebraska State Penitentiary. Tough job at times, but worked with some great people.

Worst job? Kawasaki through a temp agency in college. Built shipping crates for the jet skis. They made me go fetch my own wood behind the building out of a huge, unorganized pile that was surrounded by wasps, and most of it was rotted or splintered too badly to use. And they wondered why it was taking me so long to meet quota. Got stung and walked out after 3 days.

Dream job? Travel writer. Or Right Wing for the Colorado Avalanche. DJ in Ibiza. Or if I ever become terminally ill, a NASA space mission where there's no option of returning to earth.

Hobbies:

What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Studying maps, travel, online poker, music production with Ableton Pro on the Macbook, sports, saltwater fishing, spending time with the wife, reading about Geography, History, and my guilty pleasure...Janet Evanovich books

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? I love the Andy Griffith Show (but only with Barney) even though it's way before my time, and I once had a 3-person study group in a Sociology class with Bobby Newcombe and Lisa Reitsma. I think we did ok on our project, but I don't remember us studying much.

• Fire 1
  • 3 months later...

I knew that Foppa lived in New Zealand, but I did not know that bshirt lived in China. Bizarre. I should resurrect the proximity thread and see where that puts you two.

I hope to "finally" get back to my priceless South Dakota sometime this fall. If I do, me & the better half will swing by Lincoln and buy you & zoogies an ice cold one!

ps.....for what it's worth, guys.....if you're tired of fat, obnoxious & spoiled women....oh boy, push the envelop past the USA border and you're in for the treat of your life. No sh*t.

I lived in Mexico for a few years, then met my wife in Hungary while living there.

Oh yeah, you done good!

I knew that Foppa lived in New Zealand, but I did not know that bshirt lived in China. Bizarre. I should resurrect the proximity thread and see where that puts you two.

I hope to "finally" get back to my priceless South Dakota sometime this fall. If I do, me & the better half will swing by Lincoln and buy you & zoogies an ice cold one!

Where from in SD?

Out of Staters:

Where do you currently live? Olathe, Kansas

Where have you lived the longest? Olathe, Kansas

Where has been your favorite place to live/visit? Tablerock lake

Where is your ideal place to live? Black river falls, Wisconsin. Great small town with nice people. A manly place with lots of fishing in the great Black river. I remember after a long day of fishing and not much luck I looked up and accross the river and saw three flying bald eagles greatest day of my life.

Work:

What is your current occupation? unemployed

What has been your best job ever? Busboy at Girozos

Worst job? Coal miner

Dream job? Park Ranger up in either Wisconsin, Minnesota, Or Montana.

Hobbies:

What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Fishing, Movies, video games.

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? I have two pet red belly piranhas correctly named Chompy, And Chewy.

Out of Staters:

Where is your ideal place to live? Black river falls, Wisconsin. Great small town with nice people. A manly place with lots of fishing in the great Black river. I remember after a long day of fishing and not much luck I looked up and accross the river and saw three flying bald eagles greatest day of my life.

Work:

Worst job? Coal miner

Hobbies:

Strangest/most interesting hobby, skill or personal anecdote? I have two pet red belly piranhas correctly named Chompy, And Chewy.

Were you in a Charles Dickens novel?

Out of Staters:

Work:

Worst job? Coal miner

Hobbies:

What the hell were you doing in coal mine. Aren't you like 15 years old.

Out of Staters:

Work:

Worst job? Coal miner

Hobbies:

What the hell were you doing in coal mine. Aren't you like 15 years old.

I tried it for fifteen minutes at my buddys house.. Never again. And no I am 17 and if you count halfs 17 and a half.