Stadium Expansion

I certainly hope it won't be tacking on more seats to the top of the end zones. The crowd flow to the middle and top sections in the north end is already terrible.

It would be nice to see corner ramps in the end zones and a complete remodel of the east side with direct ramps to an expanded upper deck.

The thing that concerns me about expansion is the state of Nebraska obviously has a limited number of people and I just want to make sure we can keep filling the stadium. Don't want to see the streak end.

i want to keep our program relevant. we are at a disadvantage because our location is not gret for recruiting.... so we have to have the best facilities.... this needs to happen.

The thing that concerns me is that they aren't really adding any new, "casual fan" seats, in fact it sounds like they'll be taking some away, and after they do this expansion, we can't ever expand again unless it's onto the endzones.....again.

They aren't taking any regular seats away.

If they're changing East balcony seating to be club seating instead of benches, they most certainly will be taking seats away.

Just saw this in the Omaha World Herald...

Stadium Expansion Details Coming...

Story Link

Very interesting...personally I hope they also add another huge video board over the south stadium.

They won't put in another video board, I will promise you that. Sound system is the first upgrade on the techy side. But I don't see it happening any time soon.

I honestly believe if we get to a 100,000 seats or whatever we still sell games out.

I love memorial, but would love it even more if east stadium looked more like west stadium and if south stadium looked more like north.

IMO another big video board on south satdium, brand new sound system and another huge luxury boxes and what not would really push this University over the top.

I want the streak to continue, but think it isnt a concern because Nebraskans will buy tickets...

just my 2 cents.

The thing that concerns me is that they aren't really adding any new, "casual fan" seats, in fact it sounds like they'll be taking some away, and after they do this expansion, we can't ever expand again unless it's onto the endzones.....again.

one of the articles said the survey that they had on expansion led them to believe that expansion of the stadium and more seating was very well recieved and there was a HIGH level of support and interest....

no worries i'm sure